My first insect!

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
At last!!! Found a willing model who only stopped posing when I got a wee bit too close and knocked him off with my flash diffuser:

4507581009_2d1aaf82ac.jpg

Bigger

Possibly a black headed cardinal or a lily beetle??

Carl

No what you mean - I've been getting my flash entangled in trees most the day - very difficult when you have to get so close to the subject - but nice first live capture.

Nice one and yes it is a lily beetle (Lilioceris lilii), looks like the insect season has come with a bang !!

I use Complete British Insects by Michael Chinery, not complete by a long way but will get you close enough to do a web search, it's quite a good field guide.

Funky colours - and the focus looks spot on to me. The only thing I'm not keen on is the composition but as it is your first insect shot I think it is a fantastic effort :clap:

nice bug..love the red and black contrast!

(y)

Funky colours - and the focus looks spot on to me. The only thing I'm not keen on is the composition but as it is your first insect shot I think it is a fantastic effort :clap:

Cheers, it was a bugger to frame as I was dialled in at 3x mag and he more than filled the frame, plus I had a bad dose of the shakes and he was swinging round in the wind :eek:

Nice first bug shot Carl(y)

Thanks Rhod, it's damned addictive I've spent the entire day out in the garden looking for my next "models" and I'm eyeing up Photopainters insect hotel idea :thinking:

Back