My First Kingfisher

Redpaul

Suspended / Banned
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I only saw my first Kingfisher 3 weeks ago and for someone just about to turn 40 it's been a long wait :LOL:

I was told of a stretch of the River Bann where people had seen them so I went for a wee dander. I found a wee secluded pond about a mile from where I was told I could see them. Somebody already had some knowledge of the pond as there was a hide and 3 camouflage screens dotted around one side of the pond. Just my luck to sit at the one furthest away from where this Kingfisher was feeding.

Not the best quality but I was chuffed to bits to get my first dive shot and quite liked the reflection.

Paul

o

You should feel great about this, they are very difficult birds to shoot and the reflection is cool too.

I Would have been very happy if was my First attempt great start well done Paul.

I'd be more than chuffed to get one that close

You should feel great about this, they are very difficult birds to shoot and the reflection is cool too.

I Would have been very happy if was my First attempt great start well done Paul.

Great first shot Paul,the reflection makes it that bit better too,
regards,
john.

I'd be more than chuffed to get one that close

Great capture. I have been trying for some dive shots myself.(y)

Thanks for the kind comments folks.

I'm off work for 3 weeks so it looks like I could be getting up at 4:30am every morning to try to get some better shots. Seems as though it's very addictive photographing these little guys but it's well worth it.

Paul

Back