My first Kites

R

RobC

Ok, it's official I need something longer :D
Had a wonderful afternoon on a very cold and windy hill with Briony today (Thanks again for the invite and oppertunity (oh and the tea & cake)).

The birds were magnificant, sadly my camera skills are not :bang:

Still, all things considered I'm pretty chuffed with my results, they're a long way from perfect but they're mine and I took them :clap:

4421055634_948acab991_o.jpg

pp'd to the limit of my skill set
4421055398_a66f2c5c32_o.jpg

4420288677_15f7bab9d0_o.jpg

4421055256_ea9f305377_o.jpg

These were my 'keepers' from 200 :( I found it impossible to focus on them against the sky which was a dirty yet oddly bright white)

Thanks for looking.

Rob

Nothing to be ashamed of here what a nice set, lovely tractor in the background:LOL:

You should be pleased considering you have never taken these birds in flight before, you now know you are not far away and there are always plenty about, even from the kitchen window, so do come again.

Thanks again for the company and anyone is invited if you are in the area, but we have now finished ploughing but they are always around the aera.
Kettle always on, door always open and cake usually just out of the oven :LOL::LOL:

Nothing to be ashamed of here what a nice set, lovely tractor in the background:LOL:

You should be pleased considering you have never taken these birds in flight before, you now know you are not far away and there are always plenty about, even from the kitchen window, so do come again.

I agree.... a great effort considering your experience (y)

Kettle always on, door always open and cake usually just out of the oven :LOL::LOL:

Now that's an offer I can't refuse!! :D

what a lovely gesture :)

great pics btw... took my first bird of prey (by unprepared accident) last weekend and its quite exciting :)

From a total beginner, they look great to me...well done.

Lance.

With a bright grey sky it is never easy to get the same results as when it is a nice blue sky, that is the way it is.

With those grey skies try using +1 to +2 EV adjustment, it can expose the underside of the bird better, worth a try.

Good first attempts considering the light, all I can say is practice makes perfect ... none of us got it nailed first time ... or second or third come to think about it :D

Regarding lens choice, I have got some good Kite and Buzzard flight shots using a 300mm f4 hand held, longer is good but has it's own problems in locating the things through the view finder with the much narrower field of vision.

Back