My First Landscape - Edit added

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Tell me what you think. Where can I improve?

Last edited:
The composition does not work for me. The road does not lead into the image, more like leading past. The rocks on the left are interesting which is what first caught my eye, interesting patterns, very strong. But the rocks quickly become a barrier.

Exposure has been handled well.

Well, it has potential, everything is sharp and I like the conversion. Really the only thing I would say is that there's maybe a bit too much rock and not enough of the bay. If it were me I would have cropped or composed to where the rock meets the top of the frame.
Good first attempt though.

Andy

The composition does not work for me. The road does not lead into the image, more like leading past. The rocks on the left are interesting which is what first caught my eye, interesting patterns, very strong. But the rocks quickly become a barrier.

Exposure has been handled well.

Well, it has potential, everything is sharp and I like the conversion. Really the only thing I would say is that there's maybe a bit too much rock and not enough of the bay. If it were me I would have cropped or composed to where the rock meets the top of the frame.
Good first attempt though.

Andy

Thanks for the pointers guys. (y)

I have added an edit - does this work better?

Yep, thats what I was thinking. The rock has a nice texture but now the path takes your eye round to the bay. With the right sky it would make a good long exposure sunrise/set shot.

Andy

Yep, thats what I was thinking. The rock has a nice texture but now the path takes your eye round to the bay. With the right sky it would make a good long exposure sunrise/set shot.

Andy

Thanks Andy.

I had only had the camera for a few weeks when I took this - so I was, and still am, getting used to the camera and framing for composition. Cheers for the pointers. (y)

I agree with the past comments, with the edit it is a far better image, however the first one has it's qualities without a doubt. The rocks are very sharp and very intense in the first image, which is countered very well in the second image. Well Done Amigo :)

I agree with the past comments, with the edit it is a far better image, however the first one has it's qualities without a doubt. The rocks are very sharp and very intense in the first image, which is countered very well in the second image. Well Done Amigo :)

Thanks Mitch.

The second one is a huge improvement, the rock is not as dominant and the path works much better.

Keep them coming

Much, much better. Would love to see a shot with more of the bay added.

Back