Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken on the move CC please

Buttermere.jpg

Blackpool.jpg

BeamishTown.jpg

Ashton_MemorialLancaster.jpg

I'm guessing from your comment you've not had much time to spend taking these 'Taken on the move'.
You look like your using a tripod, which is good. The sky in no.1 is a little over exposed, so really needs a grad, or two exposures combind, one for the sky and one for the ground.
The Beach / fair really needs a better time of day, and closer crop on part of the fair. I'd attempt later in the day/night to get the lights of the fair, assuming that is the tide isn't in.
the Tram shot is ok, if possible I'd try a longer exposure again to blur the movement of the people, as it is it looks a bit static.
Last one is ok, parts of the building are just blown, but better lighting may suit this evening etc.
Bags of potential I think. I hope that helps. Remember this is just my opinion, dosen't make me right.

The first one is gorgeous, if slightly over exposed!
Rest don't really do it for me.

Number one would work well in B & W I think - maybe with the sky darkened a little. Would like to know where this is as I am sure I recognise it. (Somewhere in the lakes I presume? Guessing at Ullswater).

I like number 2 - but agree with above that a different time of day would make a difference. Also, that cloud on the right is very distracting - looks a bit like a smudge.

Last one - (lancs cath.) - is nice too. Some nice colours. Highlights are a little too strong and could maybe benefit from a tighter crop.

Again though, I am no expert. Just another opinion. No doubt some opposing ones will follow soon .....

Good luck.

Anth

Hi Natjag, brilliant thanx for the comments
no tripods were used in any of these photos. (shame)
The first one was on the move trying to get off the mountain after flash floods, the sky cleared and I shot 3 off as we reclimbed the fell.
(I am using you as proof to my wife that I need filters, more money to spend ;) ) I think I need a cokin P set up with NDx2 ??
I do need to spend more time on the mountains taking photos (Hard to do it with others hiking with you)
Point taken with the lighting and time of day. thanx again

I agree it looks nice in green (cue Venomator), I'm just a sucker for Black & White (cue the jokes about being a toon fan!!).

;)

Anth

I agree it looks nice in green (cue Venomator), I'm just a sucker for Black & White (cue the jokes about being a toon fan!!).

;)

Anth

But... JUST LOOK AT THE GREEN GRASS!

You know you wanna roll in it too ;)

Oh go on then, saying as you asked so nicely!!!!! ;)

To be honest, if I'd just climbed all the way to the top of that hill / mountain, the only way you'd get me down would be to rooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll !!!

Anth

Number one would work well in B & W I think - maybe with the sky darkened a little. Would like to know where this is as I am sure I recognise it. (Somewhere in the lakes I presume? Guessing at Ullswater).

I like number 2 - but agree with above that a different time of day would make a difference. Also, that cloud on the right is very distracting - looks a bit like a smudge.

Last one - (lancs cath.) - is nice too. Some nice colours. Highlights are a little too strong and could maybe benefit from a tighter crop.

Good luck.

Anth

Im no good with black & white they always look to washed out. :thumbsdown:
The photo was taken from Nr Green Crags East of Hay Stacks.
Im getting the feeling time of day is a big factor in showing photos and perhaps a bit of fiddling in photoshop. Ummm :shrug: :)

Thankyou

Oh go on then, saying as you asked so nicely!!!!! ;)

To be honest, if I'd just climbed all the way to the top of that hill / mountain, the only way you'd get me down would be to rooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll !!!

Anth

Rolling is good :) Can I push?

Ok thankyou Keriann. (y)

You are very welcome mister Gibbo! I can't stop looking back at that first one. It's just so... peaceful!

Im getting the feeling time of day is a big factor in showing photos and perhaps a bit of fiddling in photoshop. Ummm :shrug: :)

Thankyou

Time of day on here? All posts get looked at sooner or later ;)

Rolling is good :) Can I push?

You are very welcome mister Gibbo! I can't stop looking back at that first one. It's just so... peaceful!

Time of day on here? All posts get looked at sooner or later ;)

Sorry what I mean to say is time of day is a big factor in taking the photo :) morning/night after a storm etc
mr gibbo ?? what is that about ..... Brian will do :D

(I am using you as proof to my wife that I need filters, more money to spend ;) ) I think I need a cokin P set up with NDx2 ??
I got a set of Lee set of filters, Although expensive made a hugh difference to my photos. Sadly I don't do Landscapes at the moment, so it seems a waste. But they are there ready and waiting.

Sorry what I mean to say is time of day is a big factor in taking the photo :) morning/night after a storm etc
mr gibbo ?? what is that about ..... Brian will do :D

The thing with the first photo is you are shooting into the light, which is why the sky looks over exposed and not the rest of the photograph.

http://keriann.zenfolio.com/p1063163228/?photo=h16410A21#373361185
http://keriann.zenfolio.com/p1063163228/?photo=h16410A21#673524993

The photos there are the opposite. I was told I couldn't use them by a lecturer due to the land being under exposed, but I absolutely love them the way they are!

So I don't think shooting at different times of day is a major factor, as you can get great shots regardless of the time! It's just personal opinion.

Hrm. I think I rambled there...
It's late :p

and Hello Brian :)

The thing with the first photo is you are shooting into the light, which is why the sky looks over exposed and not the rest of the photograph.

http://keriann.zenfolio.com/p1063163228/?photo=h16410A21#373361185
http://keriann.zenfolio.com/p1063163228/?photo=h16410A21#673524993

The photos there are the opposite. I was told I couldn't use them by a lecturer due to the land being under exposed, but I absolutely love them the way they are!

So I don't think shooting at different times of day is a major factor, as you can get great shots regardless of the time! It's just personal opinion.

Hrm. I think I rambled there...
It's late :p

and Hello Brian :)

Hello thanx for the help....
I like both of them too, I have seen photos like them in shops. (y)
no harm in rambling I do that for many miles over many hills :D

That's okay. You can join us on the hill/grass rolling :D

;)

Anth

Would look better Red & White :p

Nice caputures gibbo looks like Beamish there.

Hi Sorry for the delay been away camping ok Anth what is this Red N White all about ??(If its footy your sad ;-))

Hi Byker28i & Anth Yes the photo was taken in Beamish (What a great place)

Bri

Back