My first low fly experience

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
After seeing various examples of low flying military aircraft, I spent a total of 3 days in the Mach Loop shooting things.

Our campsite was directly underneath what is known as Corris Corner, and at around 8am we were treated to either a Hawk from RAF Valley or occasionally some F-15 Eagles doing a couple of passes.

1. Hercules lumbering around the sky
1.jpg

2. F-15 Eagle
2.jpg

3. ditto
3.jpg

4. Harrier
4.jpg

5. Typhoon
5.jpg

6. Alphajet
6.jpg

7. Hawk
7.jpg

8. Alphajet (again)
8.jpg

9. Hawk (again)
9.jpg

10. The Red Arrows
10.jpg

I spent a couple of hours on Bwlch, but saw nothing. Had best luck on Cad West and there was always 10-12 guys up there, many with scanners or inside info on what was likely to come through.

Nice set and you lucy barsteward with the red arrows going threw. Did all 10 fly threw?

Never done this before. I just pretended they were racing cars (but moving quicker)

If it wasn't for the 6 hour drive to get there, I'd do it much more often. The waiting is theraputic, the rush when someone spots a Harrier or F15 coming is a real buzz.

I managed to persuade Mrs. AndrewC to climb Cad West for the Friday when the Reds were rumoured to go through, I'll see what her shots were like (my backup 40D and 28-300 Tamron super-zoom)

Would love to give this a try myself at some stage,great set of shots there Andrew,well done (y)

I love a little spouse rivalry and look forward to the additions. Yours are great, it's something I also hope to do one day. 3# and 8# for me.

Last edited:
Hi Andrew.

Looks like all your lowfly birthdays came at once, hope your not going to expect the same every visit :LOL:.

Great set, well done :clap:.

They nice! You dont realise how lucky you are to have ALL of those come through on your first visit!
I'd pay for that!!
The bug will have you tight in its grasp now...

Kev.

Back