My first pic - comments welcomed

Edit My Images
No
Hi, just bought myself a fuji s6500fd and am trying my hand.......comments welcomed

n598445496_727084_6075.jpg

n598445496_755901_2889.jpg

second picture is a nice capture, lovely expression, though looks just a tad out of focus on my screen [that doesnt mean anything, my screen is kaput], the first one could have done with all his/her ears in the picture - good first efforts though ;)

First loses a lot of detail into the darkness, but not bad tho
2nd is a lovely in focus fence, with a recedingly in focus dog. + looks a bit noisy. Is that you sharp'ing the bits off it to try and recover the image?

First loses a lot of detail into the darkness, but not bad tho
2nd is a lovely in focus fence, with a recedingly in focus dog. + looks a bit noisy. Is that you sharp'ing the bits off it to try and recover the image?

No thats the original image, not sure if I have all the settings setup right. Im new to this and the manual is waaaay to big to read all of it at once so have just been snapping and fiddling. Any ideas on how to reduce the noise?

I think the 1st image is excellent but not with landscape orientation, (horses ears are very important to the owner of the horse as they give indication of mood at the time) just spin your camera to portrait & I think you're definitely onto a winner there, very nice exposure, focus & pose. Not bad at all for a 1st go (y)
2nd Doesn't look noisy at all on my monitor so I wouldn't worry about it. Stepping slightly to your left would have improved the composition though IMO & brought in some eye contact which is always invaluable for pet portraits.

Overall, very nice for a first set of images, I'd work on images like the 1st if it were me as I can definitely see potential there :clap:

I think the 1st image is excellent but not with landscape orientation, (horses ears are very important to the owner of the horse as they give indication of mood at the time) just spin your camera to portrait & I think you're definitely onto a winner there, very nice exposure, focus & pose. Not bad at all for a 1st go (y)
2nd Doesn't look noisy at all on my monitor so I wouldn't worry about it. Stepping slightly to your left would have improved the composition though IMO & brought in some eye contact which is always invaluable for pet portraits.

Overall, very nice for a first set of images, I'd work on images like the 1st if it were me as I can definitely see potential there :clap:

:agree:

You can reduce noise (although I can't see any either.) by using a lower ISO setting. Higher iso means higher shutter speeds (good), but also higher noise (bad). So it's just getting a balance really. Best thing to do it set the ISO to 100 and if you're getting blurry pictures (from low shutter speeds) crank it up to 200 and so on.

Back