My first pic with my nikon d80

Edit My Images
Yes
here is a pic with my nikon d80 of my girlfriend tell me what u think and what i need to improve on please be as harsh as u can i need to learn and i want your experteese:help: :help: :help:

DSC_0062copy.jpg

Hi Chunkey.

The photo looks very soft.

The photo by her nose does not look right.

It would have looked better if you could have got more of her face in shot.

Have another go from a slightly different angle ... :D

cheers mate will do

I agree with hypnotic... The photo and bottle of water in the back ground is a little distracting. Nice shot though!

I agree with the softness I think it suits the mood. As with what the others said just some of the background elements are detracting.

thanks very much for the comments guys im gonna take this info on board and use it to my advantage from now on cheers

How good the image is can only be classed by what you were trying to achieve - if you were going for the soft, high contrasty shot then you definitely succeeded (y)
If however, you were aiming for a sharp image then you will be better investing in a tripod/shutter release or at the least a stable surface & experimenting with different shutter speeds & apertures to see the different effects that you can achieve.
Take a look through the portraits gallery & find images/styles that you may like to replicate - look at the exif info & try shooting with similar settings (adjust for your own conditions of course).
Good luck mate, looking forward to some more shots (y)

Back