My first pic

Glen

Uncle Glen
Name
Glen
Edit My Images
Yes
This was taken while on my honeymoon in Madeira 2004. We were going for a bite to eat when I came across these flowers at the side of the road. I only used my finepix F610, nothing fancy. I feel its the best shot I've got at the moment because I've not had a proper chance to give the 350d a wirl, this should change though, 'cause I'm going to Port Issac in 2 weeks, so hope to have some corkers. Please feel free to comment as I always listen good or bad, 'cause thats the only way to improve.

Glen :)

http://www.tpfgallery.com/gallery2/d/10661-2/Madeira_Flower.jpg

Hi Glen - the colours on that look interesting but I can't see much else :D Any chance of a larger image. You can go to max 800 on longest size and max 160kb file size.

regards

stepheno said:
Hi Glen - the colours on that look interesting but I can't see much else :D Any chance of a larger image. You can go to max 800 on longest size and max 160kb file size.

regards
Just trying to sort it now.

Here you go Glen. You linked to the thumbnail image.

Flower.jpg

You're a bit oversize there Gen... 160kb. If you could resize it a bit. :)

Looks like a bit of fill flash going on there!

That's better....as I was saying, very vibrant colours and IMO the flower is nicely framed by the foliage. Good'n.

regards

jewel said:
Brilliant yellow! What kinda flower is that?, it's pretty!

jewel

Agree it is a great pic, save for the obvious flash and the intrusion top left ... very minor detail and only mo !

'tis a Bird of Paradise plant ! (Strelitzia reginae) a native of South Africa, a herb and relative to the humble Banana !

HTH ?

They are all over the place in madeira, because the climate is sub-tropical there are all sorts of weird and wonderfull plants & flowers. Very nice place to have your holiday if you've never been, can highly recommend 'Reids Palace' where we stayed.

Glen said:
They are all over the place in madeira, because the climate is sub-tropical there are all sorts of weird and wonderfull plants & flowers. Very nice place to have your holiday if you've never been, can highly recommend 'Reids Palace' where we stayed.

Nice pic btw!

Back