My first picture posted on here

sue

Edit My Images
Yes
tp.jpg

This is the first picture I have posted on here, it was taken today in Chester Zoo, first outing with my camera.

For a first posting this is a great pic Sue ... good use of DoF to fuzz the background and a nice sharp shot of the subject ... you even captured all of those magnificent horns in too ... (y)

Only little point is the back end of another animal (?) on right of frame ... but this could be processed out ... and is a really small point ... :p

Well done ... not as bad as you though huh ... ?

I hadnt noticed that, thanks for the nice comments, thats as it came from the camera apart from resizing with the help of matt (Darksaber) as i dont know how to do any of that stuff, I am sure I will get there eventally.

Nice first post(y) .......now I'm sure there are some more out of the 250 taken today;)

Need matts help to do this will have to get him onto it now

It's way too light Sue. :) I adjusted the the levels, gave it a bit of a sharpen and cropped it to concentrate the attention on the subject.

tp2.jpg

Now do the same with your lion shot in the other thread - that should be a cracker with a bit of work. :)

Thats great, didnt know anything I had taken could look so good. Dont know what you have done but it makes it look a lot better, thanks

not a bad first piccy at all! takes a while to do all this processing lark with a DSLR though!

great first pic,

and top marks for posting it ,

i would go one small step further, and clone out the peeps in the pink and blue tops in the background, this would enhance the subject even more

MyPix

sorry you would what?????? not sure what you mean, but i am sure i will learn.

As said already thats a good one to start with :)

I'd leave the people alone - it is a captive animal in a captive setting after all.

Edit: MyPix means 'erase' the people in the background with digital trickery.

An excellent start - look forward to seeing more!

Much better than the shots of those that I took when last at Chester Zoo Sue (sorry about the little rhyme there LoL )
Really nice image. I wouldn't worry about the adjustment stuff, theres always someone here willing to help & offer advice (me included - now if I could just learn to take photos I would be unstoppable :LOL: ).
This is far & away the friendliest forum on the web (& everyone should give themselves a round of applause :clap: ) but it's still a bit nervewracking posting for the first time, so well done for that (y)
Really looking forward to more.

Back