My first real model shoot

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
Throwing myself right into the deep end, equipped with only my camera, I went to do a model shoot. I had a rough idea of what the place would be like but I had no lighting equipment or anything with me. I was just going to rely on my skills to make things right. Luckily I found a set of lamps lying around with really made the shoot look great. If it wasn't for them I would have some rather bad shots. Did I mention that the shoot involved the girl stripping to her underwear? Deep end indeed :D Annoyingly a band was practicing while we did the shoot which meant I couldn't exactly direct her, but she was fantastic anyway and didn't need any directions :) Still, I can't say I'm quite comfortable telling a strange girl how to position her lovelys.

CRW_1120-01.jpg

CRW_1182-01.jpg

CRW_1218-01.jpg

CRW_1331-01.jpg

CRW_1359-01.jpg

Not bad at all for your first go. Would have been good to have a hairlight or maybe used a reflector to bounce some light around.
What may be worth looking into is pro studio hire, they have all the lighting and props tc and usually somebody on hand to help out and give advice. Theydon't have to be expensive either, I pay £15.00 an hour for studio hire. Where are you based, I may know of one in your area?

Gary Bagshawe said:
Not bad at all for your first go. Would have been good to have a hairlight or maybe used a reflector to bounce some light around.
What may be worth looking into is pro studio hire, they have all the lighting and props tc and usually somebody on hand to help out and give advice. Theydon't have to be expensive either, I pay £15.00 an hour for studio hire. Where are you based, I may know of one in your area?
I'm based on Merseyside. Liverpool or Chester really. The thing is would a studio have props like the ones in these pics? I was basically using the red lighting from the sign, red couch and 2 lamps. The couch was great and so was the artwork on the walls. I have this preconception of studios being white backgrounds with lots of lamps :)

Most studios have loads of props for this very reason; try this:

http://www.studioworksop.co.uk/

It's miles away from you but the links are useful as with the model-booking sites here:

http://www.be-seen-here.co.uk/newmain.htm

and here:

http://www.themodelsclub.co.uk/lobby.html

These have the advantage of telling you in advance exactly what the model will and won't do (photographically) and what it'll cost you.
Many of them have favourite studios, so if you pick a local model, chances are she'll know of a good local studio.

I use worksop studio, (first link above) and it a fantastic set up, loads of pre built sets etc ( library, gym, office etc) loads of props and help available too. They also run training courses as well for the less experienced.

Just had another look - is that a recent tatoo on her shoulder? Looks like a bit of red inflammation behind the ink there...

good effort Pete, nice to see you progressing onto more things! Baggy trousers needed eh?

EosD said:
good effort Pete, nice to see you progressing onto more things! Baggy trousers needed eh?
Haha no. I had no issues with my popup flash ;) Thanks for the links guys :D

some nicely done done shots there mate, You've done well to use your limited availability of lighting equipment to your advantage by creating as certain mood. All the poses look pretty natural apart from the last one, which to my eye looks slightly staged and a bit uncomfortable. I can't really offer much advice as I've never tried this sort of work.

KUTGW!

>I had no issues with my popup flash - heh - excellent :)

Nice work there. The idea of a reflector to bounce the light sounds good.

Back