andiphoto

Knock-Off Nigel
Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
3235505195_57d4cdd4e0.jpg

Be easy... i know im not the best looking of people :puke:

Good first attempt but portraits are very subjective. Personally I prerfer subtle natrual light indoors, e.g. near a window, slightly offset with minimal extra reflected light or a soft infill flash just to slightly reduce the shaddows around the eyes.

this was took right next to a window in the morning...

the image the way it is.... is how i wanted it... i have another version where it is focussed on the eyes only...

love to have more feedback ....

I like that. Good imapact, but you've missed a bit in the whites of yer eyes when trying to make them pop out more ;)

I guess compositionally I'd prefer it with your face off centre and to the right. Good effort though (y)

i didnt touch the white in me eyes as it would probs come out a bit more yellow than white... i just did the pupils and iris.

thanks Ian and Dangleman...

Like it. Very good .
Like the angle and not too posed looking.
If being critical you have a little bit of the zombie stare, but not too much - very difficult to achieve the natural look.
IMO the shading / lighting is pleasing too.
I think the eyes could be made more of. I'd be tempted to play around there.
All said excellent effort (y)

thanks mate... i had colour popped the iris/pupils... i was tempted to remove the eyes all together to go for a scary kind of image.. but i just left it before i ruined it too much...:bonk:

I like it alot. Nice contrast and composition. I thought it might be better portrait crop but nah, I like the black space over your shoulder in the landscape crop, it makes me wonder what's happening behind you. It's one of the better self portraits i've seen recently IMHO.

I like it alot. Nice contrast and composition. I thought it might be better portrait crop but nah, I like the black space over your shoulder in the landscape crop, it makes me wonder what's happening behind you. It's one of the better self portraits i've seen recently IMHO.

thats excellent news mate.. im pleased you like it..

Back