My First Star Trails

Nam

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
No
I have always loved star trail photogrphy but never had a go my self, so on Tuesday night with the sky nice and clear i went out and took my first shot.

Startrail's by Alex Nam, on Flickr

I was quite pleased with it, i think next time i need to get the north star in for some more circular trails. any advice would be great :)

Alex

I've no advice worth offering as I have only just started stat trails myself, but I like this shot, especially for a first attempt :)

This is an exceptional first attempt (y) I also like the lighting that you've done on the foreground, maybe consider bringing some colours into the forground lighting the next time that you do something like this (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Thank you both.

Matt, after shooting this i have been looking at more star trail shots seen how some people use coloured light in the foreground, i will have a ply with this next time :)

Excellent Alex... really liking that. Orion and Sirius really stand out on those trails too. Some good star colours coming through (Betelguese - Left shoulder of Orion is a pinkish colour for instance - in the middle)

Great first trails.
Adding to what Matt has said maybe use colourd gels on the radio mast i spy bottom left of the picture.
Go for a portrait composition and get polaris above it ;)

Thanks again for all the advice, just need some clear nights to have another go haha

Lovely shot :clap:...How long did you expose your shots for? Just so i have an idea of what i am doing when i give it ago

Thanks mate,

I took 74 30 sec exposures and use starstax to stack them, took around 45 mins to get the shot :)

Back