My First Submission...

C

ChrisB

I thought it was about time that I posted one of my fav's for you to have a look and comment on...

This is my daughter, Lucy Emma....

2005_0630Image0077.JPG

Just in case the pic doesn't appear HERE is a link to it.

Aperture Value f/3.1
Shutter Speed Value 1/20 sec
Hand held with no Flash

Please feel free to edit etc as you see fit..

Chris

Hmmm... I knew that picture wouldn't appear - you will have to use the link until I figure out why.. if I can that is!

Chris

EDIT: Figured it out... well, sort of - it appears now anyway! ;)

I like it. I'm a big fan of portraits without eyes (or without faces even) when they can be made to work. As in still portray the feel and mood of the subject which this does well for me.

Good steady hold to get it nice and crisp at 1/20th too.

Actully loooks like she's falling asleep on her feet, bless. Or is she actually checking something in her hand?

Maybe best to let us wonder, a good photo is one that can do that.

Well done

Great capture....I reckon she's concentrating on her Euro Lottery numbers ;)

judging by the little crumbs on her bottom lip, i'd say she was breaking off some more cake, bless her. Great moment in time, well captured.

Lovely - Seeing such a nice image remins me that I must use mono more often. I do like the candid shots of young children - can manage it now with grandchildren when had little time as my own were growing up.

Worries have been expressed about child photographs on the web . . . . interested to hear the feelings of fellow photographers.

Fangman said:
Worries have been expressed about child photographs on the web . . . . interested to hear the feelings of fellow photographers.

Sad fact of modern life (not particularly about web presentation). Back in the summer I got a new lens delivered at work. Lunchtime I went outside with it and some kids were playing - took a couple of shots and realised how I must look so went and found some other subjects. No one complained but you just can't take pictures of kids in public - well you can but.....

Relatives, friends etc. should be no problem. Most here are probably known for taking pictures of anything they see anyway :)

Oh and I agree about the shared photo. Cute.

Fangman said:

Just moving house to a little village where they have a kids footbal team. Had been thinking I would go down & take some photo's to hand over to local teams website, but the thought did occur to me that until everyone knows who I am, some may think the worse.

In above scenario simple step is to introduce yourself first. But I must admit being in same position as you Robert, that if out in Public one does worry what is OK or not. PC gone mad for the innocent among us.

Back