Beginner My first sun rise!

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello

New to the forum and new to photography :) Looking to develop my skills over the next few years. Here's my first sunrise photo let me know what you think! View attachment 5657

Cheers Kellett :)

Hi and welcome to the forums, that is a very nice first post. The composition is very nice with the tree in just the right place, very well exposed shot, a shame the sky is not a tad more interesting with the clouds but you have done very well there. Being picky the plants creeping into the sky to the left of the tree are slightly distracting, but still a nice shot. keep posting.

Really really nice first shot. Personally i might have positioned myself at a slightlu different angle to have to tree and rising sun slightly further apart but still a lovely capture none the less

Well done

Hi Kellett, Nice shot, I like it, for me I would change nothing. If your new to photography you have a good eye , so the future is looking bright.

Geoff

super shot!
all the elements are there
the tree,sun,sky and land
if the sun was further to the right...or crop some of the darker elements to the right
would improve the composition
personally i think the crop would be best to maintain the closeness of the sun and tree
otherwise no further pp
even the grasses to the left of the tree are fine
cheers
geof
now ease off a bit while we all sharpen up our techniques to compete with you..:D
and welcome!!

cheers
geof

Hi and welcome to the forums, that is a very nice first post. The composition is very nice with the tree in just the right place, very well exposed shot, a shame the sky is not a tad more interesting with the clouds but you have done very well there. Being picky the plants creeping into the sky to the left of the tree are slightly distracting, but still a nice shot. keep posting.
I agree it just needs a more interesting sky to enliven the image.

Thanks for the comments and welcomes
clear.png
was very hit and miss with the clouds having a big cluster just pass through ten minutes before the sun started to rise, all part of the fun I guess :banana:

Hopefully have some More photos when I get back from Paris this weekend!

Cheers kellett
clear.png

Thanks for the comments and welcomes
clear.png
was very hit and miss with the clouds having a big cluster just pass through ten minutes before the sun started to rise, all part of the fun I guess :banana:

Hopefully have some More photos when I get back from Paris this weekend!

Cheers kellett
clear.png

Amuse-toi bien

cheers
geof

First try ? Well done

Back