My first time with birds!

wilmorh

Admin's Favourite Member
Edit My Images
Yes
As the title suggests, this is the first time i've tried to take photo's of birds :shrug:

DSCF2680_copyb.jpg

Ah!! I remember my first time with a bird. Orkney 1975, you really don't want to know any more:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Seriously though, not a bad effort. The thing with birds and animals etc is you need to get the eyes in focus to make a good shot. The focal point seems to be on the shoulder of the love bird and there's a blown bit on the head of the budgie. The back ground is a bit distracting too and it needs straightened a tad.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but they are not really difficult problems to sort (getting the eyes sharp can be a pain tho).

As I said reasonable effort and good colours. Keep at it(y)(y)

Whoooaaaa, need my shades for those, my eyes arent used to such bright colours in winter! :LOL:

Nice capture in terms of pose, the colours are possibly slighty over saturated, and could do with levels pulling down a little to try and reduce the 'blown' look on budgies head, but a sterling first effort (y)

Next time, try a smaller aperture so the budgie is as well focused and detailed as the lovebird [??] ;)

Thank you for your help, it was the only time they stayed still, i think they could smell my fear and kept swarming around me! next time i go in, hoping i'll have a new camera and i'll be taking some food to make them slightly friendlier! :LOL:

Thank you for your help, it was the only time they stayed still, i think they could smell my fear and kept swarming around me! next time i go in, hoping i'll have a new camera and i'll be taking some food to make them slightly friendlier! :LOL:

A faster shutter speed to catch them in flight that'll test your panning and focussing. Good luck(y)

Back