My first water drops!

chris321

I like the ginger one
Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, having had my 100mm macro for a week or so now, I thought it was high time I have a play with some water! I don't have a decent flash yet, so these are just playing with the onboard one.

Please comment, I need as much advice as I can get! Thanks a lot guys!

Chris

Last edited:
really like number 2 great idea, have you thoguht about doing the same shot in portrait to give the drops more room to fall into?

(y) I like those. In particular the way you've caught the ripple in the water around the drop.

I like number 3 - not unique but a nice shot all the same. Very nice first efforts!!

Thanks guys! I'll have a go at repeating the second one in portrait orientation soon and see how it turns out!

The first one is, out of several hundred shots taken, the only single one that was in focus! It was a nightmare! I've seen plenty of people get really impressive results, it's definitely something to work on. Having said that, it'll be much easier when I've got a proper flash I reckon. Thanks for taking the time to comment guys!

Chris

As said above #2 is a great idea( i wish i could think up original idea like this)

Well done:clap:

what was your setup when doing #1?
Was it a green bowl or a green background etc. curious as this is something I havent really touched yet.

Cheers

As said above #2 is a great idea( i wish i could think up original idea like this)

Well done:clap:

There was very little thinking involved, more along the lines of "it was dark, want to play with my new macro lens, what is there in my little student house?" I'm glad that people seem to like it though!

what was your setup when doing #1?
Was it a green bowl or a green background etc. curious as this is something I havent really touched yet.

Cheers

It was a cereal bowl, and the inside is painted green. I set up the tripod almost level with the water, but annoyingly left the overhead light on. That's why there's a distracting yellow-y bit in the ripple. If I'd just used the flash, it would probably been sharper... Oh well, something to aim for!

#2 for me, great idea and execution!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...runs to the shower room :D

Thanks a lot, it's amazing the things around the house which suddenly become so much more interesting with a macro lens! :D

Chris

Back