my girlfriend stepped infront of my camera so I shot her...

Name
Will
Edit My Images
Yes
Took these at midnight on Sat, first time my girlfriend has posed for more than one shot.

tried some cross processing on this one

comments welcome please

She said she would pose again if I could pose her better... posing models is hard, anyone know of a good pose book for photographers?

thanks
Will

For me the hair on the left side of her face/cheek (as you look at it) in pic1 is a bit distracting as is the hand in the back of pic 2

Pic 1 should be dead easy to PS out tho, (y)

Posing Techniques for Digital Portraits (Digital Quick Guide) (Paperback) £6.50 Amazon

Really like the first one (y)

With regards poses, downloaded a really good pdf document from one of the threads on here but can't remember which one, so if you PM me your email or msn address I could send it to you if you wish.

OK with regard the first one, her mouth is set a little hard, this is usually due to nervousness in inexperienced models - one good way to get models to relax thier mouths is to ask them to blow a raspberry - it looesns up the lips and the sheer stupidity of the act tends to loosen things up a little.
I actually prefer the pose in the second shot...

thanks for the comments, It was her first time posing for me. I have only just started shooting people too so my nerves didn't help.

pic 1
shot with: a d70 24-105 2.8
lit with: sb-25 behind used some muslin to diffuse light, sb 28 camera right with white brolly and another sb28 which was supposed to light the hair but didn't fire.

still have a LOT to learn with lighting but I'm LOVING the challange, strobist has a lot to answer for!

thanks
Will

Back