My Girls

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Just picked up the "prints" from my first B&W film through my F80 :).

My Girls by RJ Fletcher, on Flickr

This by far is my most favorite, just the processing has left a pink cast and I'm not sure why? The film was Ilford C41 process B&W (I will get in to develpping my own). Should I expect this pink hue everytime or should I now avoid Boots for porcessing ??

I believe the pink hue is from the film backing, you can get rid of it by converting the photo to black and white in photoshop (the lab probably scanned it as colour to save changing the settings)

robhooley167 said:
I believe the pink hue is from the film backing, you can get rid of it by converting the photo to black and white in photoshop (the lab probably scanned it as colour to save changing the settings)

Thank you - poor job by Boots will check next time.

A beautiful shot of your beautiful girls, very nice.

A really nice shot. Film is fun, and DIY D&P makes it very personal and rewarding. Keep on going.

If you look at actual C41 monochrome negatives, they do seem to all have that colour cast. It should be about the easiest colour cast to get rid of, in pretty much any post-processing package.

I always got a colour cast using this type of film. It never bothered me. Lovely, lovely photo!!

stick with your d90 then you can see the results right away and make corrections. the one you have posted does not look very good in my opinion

stick with your d90 then you can see the results right away and make corrections. the one you have posted does not look very good in my opinion

Or you could try a different developer which would probably improve the results. You could also ignore the post above as it is not in the least bit helpful. Digital cameras have had less than 20 years development where as film has had 150 years. You do the maths,

Not a very helpful attitude or comment to make in a forum section dedicated expressly to photographs from film. If the OP has chosen to shoot on film, that's their decision, and if the only input you're prepared to make is to suggest shooting digital instead, I would strongly recommend you make your contributions in other forum areas.

holty said:

Should have gone to Specsavers?

Thanks for the comments (well most of them !)

I intend to develop my own B&W film in the future so no more C41 issues. A recent Kodak C41 film came out better so maybe it is a characteristic of Illford film?

I think enough has been said in respect to the other comment :shakehead:

Funny thing is looking your profile and selecting "view threads started by user" I noticed none of yours are in the feedback and critique section...yet your quick to crit others!

Funny thing is looking your profile and selecting "view threads started by user" I noticed none of yours are in the feedback and critique section...yet your quick to crit others!

Um OK, not sure quite how to respond to your post ?

Talkphotography is a pretty easy going forum and if I see a photograph I like or feel I can add a helpful comment I will. For what is it worth I am never 'quick' to comment on other photographs and probably think too much about any comment I leave.

I probably haven't posted many images for critic but fail too see the point you are making. An irony here is this photograph is in the "feedback and critique" section.

The post you refer too seemed to miss the point that I did, intended to and enjoy using my 35mm SLR. The 'limitations' of film provide a different experience to taking a photograph to the instant satisfaction of a DSLR.

I think I'll leave it there ...

I think Carl's comments were actually aimed at Holty, I did the same search and came to the same conclusions. Most of his threads as OP are about what equipment to get and not about what to do with it.

Andy

:bonk: it was a little earlier this morning.

I apologies to Carl

I think we can all ignore the other post.

:bonk: it was a little earlier this morning.

I apologies to Carl

I think we can all ignore the other post.

No probs Richard, and yes my comment was to Holty which I should have pointed out clearly sorry... As for your image I think it is brill and I would definitely have it framed and on show had I taken it!

No probs Richard, and yes my comment was to Holty which I should have pointed out clearly sorry... As for your image I think it is brill and I would definitely have it framed and on show had I taken it!

Earlier again but more switched on today :)

I have a 6*4 in a frame but need to fix the pink hue before printing larger.

Back