My God Daughter

Gary

TPer Emeritus
Name
See above
Edit My Images
No
Its very rare for me to take photos of things without wheels, but here is one of my niece/god daughter from last week.

C+C Welcome.
Heres one to start: Would have been better without the shadow on the face

gp6828.jpg

If she'd lifted her head to remove the shadow, she'd have screwed her face up due to the bright sun

I'd prefer to see this as (what is now) a heavy crop around her figure in portrait mode, showing the flowers leading up to her and removing much of the unnecessary background

Best tip for these though is to shoot into the light - this will rim-light the subject & stop them squinting when they look at you. Wedding togs do this all the time, and the usual rule is - if they make eye contact, it's best to light the face with either fill flash or a reflector, otherwise, don't

HTH

DD

baby3.jpg

Last edited:
Best tip for these though is to shoot into the light - this will rim-light the subject & stop them squinting when they look at you. DD

if you shoot into the light though... wont the sky be blown out or their face be too dark? I suppose its shoot into the light, meter off the sky and use fill flash?

if you shoot into the light though... wont the sky be blown out or their face be too dark? I suppose its shoot into the light, meter off the sky and use fill flash?

There's an awful lot of current wedding togs blowing skies deliberately to place emphasis on the subject (couple/bride); otherwise, yes you're right you need to put light back into the subject to balance the exposure (big tri-reflectors are preferred to flash for couples, flash for bigger groups - manual exp though)

DD

Thanks DD.

by the way, BB............ it is a delighful photo of your god daughter... she looks a little sweetie.

Back