My Horse

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
No C & C required it's just a snap, just wanted to show off how good he looked after his bath. (which is more than can be said of Mrs Treeman, who's rather soggy!)

For anyone interested, he's 10 years old, half Ardenne and half Shire. I've owned him since he was 15 months old. He's a total vandal, I spend way to much time mending things he's broken, but love him dearly. :)

clay.jpg

Hi Mark,
Personally I don't know too much about horses, but even I can see he's a stunning creature. I've always loved shire horses because of their powerful shape/form. I too would be posting pictures of him if he were mine. Do you work him at all? If not that may be a reason why he's a vandal. I guess its like hunting dogs, they need something to exercise them.

He's lovely,can certainly see the shire in him.Is that a female farrier shoeing him?? ..don't see many of those.

Hi Mark,
Personally I don't know too much about horses, but even I can see he's a stunning creature. I've always loved shire horses because of their powerful shape/form. I too would be posting pictures of him if he were mine. Do you work him at all? If not that may be a reason why he's a vandal. I guess its like hunting dogs, they need something to exercise them.

:LOL: He is just a vandal! I broke him for draught work and he's done a lot of timber work, sadly I only have time to ride him now.

He's lovely,can certainly see the shire in him.Is that a female farrier shoeing him?? ..don't see many of those.

That's my wife! He's a barefoot horse so he just needs trimming as neccesary.

big beasty lol how big is he?

15.4hh

chunky boy.. :) im guessing 16h ish?

Only an inch out! :)

He's lovely, very chunky! what do you do with him?

Not so much these days, just 'happy hacking', still great fun though. Cars do tend to slow down more then they see him in the middle of the road :)

15.4? Isnt that actually 16hh? :LOL:

Seriously though, he looks a real babe, vandal or not. :love:

Yeah. I know, silly 'in joke'. He is an absolute sop, if he wasn't so lovely I'd have had him shot years ago :)

He's a stunner - thought the wife's horse was chunky, but he takes it to a whole new level (people who have sat on Minstral moan at how wide she is and how much she hurts their hips!) Bet you're glad you got one with black feathers and tail - a lot easier to keep clean.

He's certainly a handsome fella Mark. Looks bigger than 16 hands but hen ours is 15.1 and an ex polo pony so is quite slight in comparison.

He's a stunner - thought the wife's horse was chunky, but he takes it to a whole new level (people who have sat on Minstral moan at how wide she is and how much she hurts their hips!) Bet you're glad you got one with black feathers and tail - a lot easier to keep clean.

:LOL: waaaay back in my riding days they were called armchairs or sofas, depending on how wide!

My wifes horse is a Piebald with four white feathers, so I invariably have to help her clean him first :( But you're right though, as much as I love greys, I'd never want to own one (unless I had a groom):)

He's certainly a handsome fella Mark. Looks bigger than 16 hands but hen ours is 15.1 and an ex polo pony so is quite slight in comparison.

When he was a foal I was always hoping he wouldn't get too tall but just seemed to keep going. His mum was about 16.3hh and his dad was only 15hh. Mind you when he puts his head up and stands proud, he does look way bigger than 16hh.

:LOL: waaaay back in my riding days they were called armchairs or sofas, depending on how wide!

Riding Clay is like lying on a bed :LOL:

Back