My husband (for Steveinspain)

Edit My Images
Yes
OK, you started it, so here's my contribution.

And before you can say anything, yes, he was indeed doubting my photographic sanity for not letting him shave until I got this shot. We were on a week's vacation to the family cottage on an island between Michigan and the Canadian border.

bobcabinpc0.jpg

And because I am nothing if not fair, here's me in the same condition. Of course, I didn't show my face. LOL.

cabinspgd5.jpg

If anyone's interested, here's a slideshow I put together documenting our first family trip to a truly amazing place. You'll see a blank black screen until it finishes loading, so you'll have to be a bit patient....

http://www.cheryljacobsportraits.com/michigan.html

- CJ

And by the way, Steve, I can't look at your screen name without reading it as "Steve's in pain." Took me a while to get it straight!

-- CJ

:agree:

I really enjoyed the slideshow. Thanks for sharing your special memories with us. What did you make it with?

Glo, the slideshow was made with Amara software, which can be downloaded for a very reasonable price online. I've used Amara for the slideshows on my website at www.cheryljacobsportraits.com as well.

There are a few modifications to the program that I'd like to learn but so far haven't had any time to look into it. The main thing I need to learn is how to add a "the slides are loading" bit at the front end. I've seen info on how to do it, but that's as far as I've gotten.

- CJ

One thing that bothered me about the slide show in a way was the slowness of the transitions.
Great photos, though.

Maybe you'd like to try a free alternative, it's called SimpleViewer and I've used it for a friend's wedding pics I took this Saturday / Sunday and it does look nice.

I can send you PM with the link if you wish.

Slapo, the transition type and speed are selected by you when you create the slideshow. This one is just running a bit slow because I've overloaded it. ;)

I've tried SimpleViewer, and really didn't have much success with it. There were several aspects of the slideshow that I couldn't control, and people had trouble viewing it as well. It's been awhile since I tried it, so I couldn't really tell you specifically what I didn't like any more, but I wasn't happy with it.

- CJ

:clap:

both very good shots there cj love the shadowed side of your hubbys face still having the catchlights in the eye..
and a nice idea well executed of yourself

all imo

dave (y)

And by the way, Steve, I can't look at your screen name without reading it as "Steve's in pain." Took me a while to get it straight!

-- CJ

Now, how can I not reply without getting a little crude...
I am clearly in pain, till someone gets it straight - how am I, a married man, meant to take that..?

apply a little lotion, my friend....

Moving on,, but not too far - CJ - you show a picture of your husband, and didn't let him shave before you took the shot, then tell us how you are in the same condition for the self portrait, yet hide your beard behind a camera - do we need to know more about you..?

Lastly, the steve's in pain bit has more than a ring of truth for me, as I do suffer mos days, so it does have a double edge to it - a motorbike smash many years ago has come back to haunt me so some days I hobble, others I am fully mobile - hoping for another operation late this year to remove some debris - how sad is that..!

PS - meant to say, I am about to look at your slide show - looking forward to it !

Also, no offense meant in any way to you or your husband CJ..

Steve, LOL. The more you get to know me, the more you'll understand that I am nearly impossible to offend, and totally impossible to embarrass. ;)

- CJ

I love the pictures of the girl with the worm, and the boy with the fish, but so many are brilliant - a great set and given that film is what you use, I must assume a high success rate too !
..as for offending and embarrassing - I'll do my best to succeed..

Excellent portrait of your husband and there are some beautiful shots in your slide show.:clap:
What B&W film would you recommend for portraits?

Wow Cheryl, I aspire to be able to take pics like yours.

So many super ones in that slideshow, I especially like the one with hubby peeling the corn (the DoF effect focussed on the tin containing the corn and not hubby); I like the one of the running boards going out into the water - awesome capture; the one of your daughter (is it your daughter?? apologies if mistaken) sitting on the steps leaning against the pole - she looks in a sombre mood in that one; Dad tickling daughter - what a shot!!! the expression on your daughters face is just priceless and if I had an image like that with me and my daughter - well... to be honest... I'd treasure that forever, literally.

Great set Cheryl, great set, thanks for posting.

Back