My new gear!

Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
I got my Sony Alpha Remote Commander. I am buying a Lowepro Fastpack 200 Tomorrow. and I an bidding on a Minolta AF Mount 28-80 f3.5-5.6 Macro Zoom Lens.

I am crossing my fingers for my bid to win.(y)

Does any one here Use a Lowepro fastpack? and If you do, Do you like it?

I have the fastpack 200 and my initial thoughts are in the tread Nixtoo has posted the url to.

Having just come back from Cornwall on a 10 day holiday, I can say I am very impressed with the 200.
I bought it as it had more room for my gear and also to replace my slingshot 100 which was slightly uncomfortable with the one strap.
I had my camera, sigma 135-400mm lens, 14-45mm lens, 40-150mm lens, filters, cleaning gear, spare batteries, cf cards, recharger and with room to spare. It was very comfortable on my back and I had no problems carrying it around. The top section is very roomy for any other things you need to take and I usually carried my coat in it.

As for your question 'Do you like it' I would have to say yes :D

Thanks for the help Blazzar.

I have a fastpack 350. Very nice bag and I use it regularly doesn't quite fit all of my kit in it but very rare I would need to carry it all, usually have my 15" Sony Vaio in it to when I visit my parents. Its pretty comfy even when loaded up with my laptop, 40D, 70-200F4L, 17-85is, 100m Macro, nifty fifty,430ex and marumi ringflash and extra batteries, filters etc. The only complaint I have is it tends to make my back sweat but I imagine most backpacks would be similair.

Sean

Really? I watched a video on it and it said the back was designed to wick sweat away. strange.

Really? I watched a video on it and it said the back was designed to wick sweat away. strange.

It probably will do but not fully. Given that the back is unable to breathe and ventilate with the pack on it, it's inevitable that the bag will absorb quite a lot of sweat which won't really dry out until it's off your back...especially in the summer

ok I ordered the bag and should be here in 5-7 days. Thank you all for your advise.

Back