My New Macro Pets Part I

Edit My Images
Yes
Took a little walk today and ended up with these pics! I must say I am quite pleased with them!

I was trying out a new shallower DOF to what I normally shoot at and it seems to shoot a bit sharper.

All shot with Canon 60mm Macro and Full set of Kenko tubes at 2.5:1

ISO100
1/200
F.5.6-8

first two only slight cropping, third is a larger crop of number 2!

Any C+C welcome!

Creature was about 3mm wide and about 2cm long

final-3.jpg

final2.jpg

final6.jpg

Last edited:
No.2 is my pick the lighting seems more diffuse and the focus is spot on(y) BTW it's a centipede, millipedes have two pairs of legs per body segment;)

Nice centipede Robbo, these can run real quick so you done really well Mate ;)

Urgh! Its not very often photos make my skin crawl, but they did, lol. Well taken:)

Amazing, love the 2nd one - you pictures come out so clear. I can see me getting some strsnge look off neighbours when I start comando crawling round garden in summer lol

Unlike the police who were called out because i was seen "acting suspiciously"
in a farmers field ( on a public footway ).But they were really interested when i showed them some macro bug shots :)

to be fair, you might have had a gun hidden on the side....like the body guard film! who knows lol!

lol to both, can see my neighbours giving me a smile as if to say nutter. Ekk did the police see funny side of it?

They kind of smile, and dont ask questions...:wacky: lol

lol to both, can see my neighbours giving me a smile as if to say nutter. Ekk did the police see funny side of it?

Yes :) they were fine. It was a nervous female jogger who called them, I dont blame her these days. All she saw was me crouching with a rucksack

#1 for me - the blues and yellows are nice complementary colours and the wider angle gives more context. Well done for getting down low and sharp!

Great captures, of what must be a difficult creature to photograph as I can imagine they don't hang around posing for you whilst you 'say cheese', lol!

Back