My New Zorki 4K, a bit of advice please

Name
Laurence
Edit My Images
No
Just taken delivery of my ebay Zorki 4K. It looks almost like new, only a very few marks here and there.
I'm obviously trying to get to grips with it and I've downloaded a manual from Butkus's excellent site.

However, that manual is for the Zorki 4 which seems quite different.
I still don't fully understand the settings for the shutter speed adjustment knob.

I know how to set the shutter speed by lifting and turning the central raised knob but it's the outer ring that's foxing me.

There seems to be an M and an X and a couple of small indentations. Are these anything to do with re-winding the film?

The manual states that "B" should be selected when re-winding but the only B I can see is on the shutter speed selector and I assume that is for "Bulb".

I'd be most grateful for any advice.

The B refers to Bulb - not Brief. Long manual exposures in to the seconds and minutes.

You need to research something on setting the shutter speed. Something about only adjusting it when the shutter is cocked. I can't remember exactly and it has been a long while since I last used mine.

The B refers to Bulb - not Brief. Long manual exposures in to the seconds and minutes.

You need to research something on setting the shutter speed. Something about only adjusting it when the shutter is cocked. I can't remember exactly and it has been a long while since I last used mine.

Yes, there's lots of stuff on the web about that, in fact it's the first thing that comes up. Now that I've got the proper manual I realise it's a very simple camera to operate (much like it's owner).

I'm now lusting after a Contax.............does it ever stop?

I'm now lusting after a Contax.............does it ever stop?

Ujjwal is selling his Contax, if I had the money I'd have it off him, it's a beautiful camera (y)

Now you have a Zorki 4 you need to get a Zorki 6 to compare

...and accept that sooner or later you're going to have to get a Leica :D

I think the film loading technique is different as well.

I think you are correct, the film take-up spool is fixed in place on the 4K whereas on the 4 it is a seperate part and gets lost easily! - I know as I had a Zorki 4 many years ago, but back then you could easily get another from the camera shop!

Back