my shumba dog (new pictures added)

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Shumba has spent the last week recovering from an operation and today we took his cone off. He's had his eyes done, they were entropian (the eyelids were turned in on themselves) he's been nuetered (poor boy) and he had an ear infection too. It's been an interesting week as we have had to step up and prove to him that we are in charge, his eyes have always made him a bit head shy. But it has been worth it as he is now accepting of the eye and ear drops which means we can keep on top of future problems with confidence

I know the b/g isn't great but he doesn't do patient very well:LOL:

Last edited:
Shumba has spent the last week recovering from an operation and today we took his cone off. He's had his eyes done, they were entropian (the eyelids were turned in on themselves) he's been nuetered (poor boy) and he had an ear infection too. It's been an interesting week as we have had to step up and prove to him that we are in charge, his eyes have always made him a bit head shy. But it has been worth it as he is now accepting of the eye and ear drops which means we can keep on top of future problems with confidence

I know the b/g isn't great but he doesn't do patient very well:LOL:

Ok I see nobody else wants to say it so here you are...!!!

Its not the best shot mark and I am sure means more to you than the genral public....

None of the eyes look sharp to me.... I would like at least one ...

You have mentioned the b./g so i wont go there...

Now I would love you to get a shot of shumba with both eyes and nose in focus...

Come on you can do it...

MD

Dave

You're right of course and thank you for the critique. I'll get some more shots of him soon try harder to get the focus right.

Mark

Dave

You're right of course and thank you for the critique. I'll get some more shots of him soon try harder to get the focus right.

Mark

Sorry to sound blunt matey " I have had a glass of wine lol"

Keep at shumba it will be worth it matey...

MD

Just the one? have another.:rules:

Don't apologise, it needs critique. I know I can do better but couldn't bring myself to post in the fluffy kittens section:LOL:

Just the one? have another.:rules:

Don't apologise, it needs critique. I know I can do better but couldn't bring myself to post in the fluffy kittens section:LOL:

YOU WOULD HAVE GOT NO CRIT FROM ME THERE...!!!!!
Lol

Get those lights and sheet out and give him a makeover..

MD

Damn the critique, it's the dog that matters!
Well done for looking after him, so many people don't care for their pets.
What's the weather doing in Norfolk?

I agree with the background and eye focus comments but those wrinkles and ear set do give him a wonderful expression and I would also like to see one with eye contact - put some food in your mouth and let it hang out if he is food orientated and you don't have anyone to guide his eyes for you.

Thank you, like most Ridgebacks he gets bored easily so I only get a few shots each time, before he becomes either to interested in the camera or slopes off somewhere. The food in mouth sounds like a good idea though, I'll give it a try.

Damn the critique, it's the dog that matters!
Well done for looking after him, so many people don't care for their pets.
What's the weather doing in Norfolk?

Thank you and sadly you are right, I'm hoping the insurance comes through for his eyes, but if it doesn't I'd have still had it done:rules:, because it needed to be done.

weathers better today, sunny and the wind has died down too.

A couple more from today...

Think the dof field and the focus are improved on these.

Do they look over sharpened?:shrug:

Thanks

Mark(y)

A couple more from today...

Think the dof field and the focus are improved on these.

Do they look over sharpened?:shrug:

Thanks

Mark(y)

Nice improvement Mark .. This shot is very nice imho...

Sharpness looks fine to me.

MD

The first of the second (!!) is a lovely shot - just on the borderline for sharpening for me, would definitely not push it any further - maybe try selective sharpening on certain areas if you feel it is not enough. The second shot looks as if the focus is just behind his head .

Are you thinking of entering any in the dog photo competition ? :)

He is a beautiful dog and all Kudos to you for looking after him

#1 is definitely an improvement on your first shot. I love the expression you have caught and the focus and DOF is a lot better

The first of the second (!!) is a lovely shot - just on the borderline for sharpening for me, would definitely not push it any further - maybe try selective sharpening on certain areas if you feel it is not enough. The second shot looks as if the focus is just behind his head .

Are you thinking of entering any in the dog photo competition ? :)

Thank you, the focus was on the right eye, he probably moved:LOL:

I'll have a look at the competition sounds like a plan(y)

He is a beautiful dog and all Kudos to you for looking after him

#1 is definitely an improvement on your first shot. I love the expression you have caught and the focus and DOF is a lot better

Thank you for your comments much appreciated(y)

Aww adorable, our chow had entropian surgery about 3 weeks ago so she sends her well wishes, we found a great bit of kit called a comfy cone to replace the plastic satellite provided from the vets, which meant we all got some sleep and less destruction of household items lol

Thanks Sarah, I was worried that the cone would be destroyed almost immediately (the last time he had to wear one it lasted less than a day). He was much better with this time, only broke 1, but I still have bruises.
We're at the point now where we can manage any scratching and it's a relief not having to put drops in his eyes any more.
Hope your chow is all sorted now.

Back