"My Space" UPDATED - Formerly "Reid Street"

Name
John Lindsay
Edit My Images
Yes
This is part of a set of Images, for one of my college summer projects titled "My Space".

2807902757_f9d56c5626_o.jpg

Let me know what you think please? I really like it, and I'm usually against B+W Conversions, however I got up this morning, and went out with the intention of taking this shot and converting it to B+W, I see now how when used (i think) in the correct place it can have great effect.

Cheers

John

Last edited:
It'd be nice to see it in the context of the other images.

The conversion to black and white has worked well though and I agree with the above about the textures.

Ok then here are the other 4 pictures in the set.

The first image in my set is pretty much, what you see is what you get: It’s me, in my bedroom doing things which are common in my bedroom, lying ‘sleeping’ sitting up watching television, getting dressed, and sitting playing the playstation, granted not usually all happening at the one time, but I think it makes for an interesting photo, and it’s a good representation of me in my space.

2808944956_e2be64dfc5_o.jpg

The picture of the keys in the ignition is a little more symbolic, I think that because I can drive my space could be pretty much anywhere, I do a lot of miles and spend a lot of time in our van, so I figured it was quite a big part of my space.

2808945518_e9c7a7d68f_o.jpg

I went on holiday at the start of summer, it was my first time away with ‘the boys’ and I had a brilliant time, since the brief said to definitely not include holiday pics, but I still wanted some reference to my holiday in ‘my space’ so this is a photo of my suitcase with the luggage i.d. ticket on it, showing destination and date of flight etc.

2808094229_2a971a2a4e_o.jpg

The story behind the picture of my TomTom sat nav is that over this summer I’ve started going out with a girl from Kirkcaldy, which for me, is a long distance relationship, I was trying to think of a way of showing this and it just popped into my head, the address and route showing on the screen is from my door to hers.

2808945154_c11a46b8b0_o.jpg

My house, (once my gran and papa’s house) is on Reid Street, when I was young I lived with my Mum, Dad and little brother 2 streets down from Reid Street, but I was always at my gran and papa’s, they would look after me if mum and dad were out or whatever. Later in life, my papa died, and my gran took ill and we moved into the house with her to help take care of her, a bit of a role reversal. So Reid Street has been, and still is a big part of my life, and my space.

2807902757_f9d56c5626_o.jpg

Hope it makes a bit more sense as a set?

John

Back