My Street Manchester

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
3 Exposures -1 0 -1
Only second one of these I have done so please go easy on me and both spur of the moment photos from my street.
That said any help or comments are welcomed.

Gaz

Taken In Newton Heath Manchester Uk

Our_Street_Hdr_800x600.jpg

Nice work, though the exposure time should have been quicker to stop the blur in the clouds or longer to make them whispy.

Love colours though and an interesting photograph nonetheless :)

Nice work, though the exposure time should have been quicker to stop the blur in the clouds or longer to make them whispy.

Love colours though and an interesting photograph nonetheless :)

Yay Thanks Carl.

Good tip I will try and remember that when I go out to shoot something like this next time.

Gaz

Interesting photo, could possibly do with upping the saturation slightly - one time when I think that 'wires' add to the photo.

the cars as usual muscle in on the scene...but thats unavoidable but the one near the hedge could be cloned out...
the st george flag also could be cloned so as not to detract
its the perfect shot of where we live and how it looks
sky is good and i would have cheated a bit
the wires and pole...hey how do we get our broadband...??
all very urban and homely
cheers
geof

Hey Geof great comments thanks for taking the time.

Appreciated :)

Gaz

Hey Geof great comments thanks for taking the time.

Appreciated :)

Gaz

no worries...in my town the streets look just the same

#our house
in the middle of our street
our house#

:)

^^ Madness Geof!

Back to the shot, For an urban shot you have managed to get foreground interest as well as a lead-on line and interest in the 'back' of the picture

I actually like the telephone lines and how they converge onto the pole.

As others have said, the sky has a blur to it but I don't think it kills the shot - all good learning for next time! (y)

I like this, we often overlook what is in front of us or we do not see how to make art from the ordinary, I think you have avoided the first and achieved the second.

If you still live there it would be good to remake this shot each year and document the changes in your street.

I like this, we often overlook what is in front of us or we do not see how to make art from the ordinary, I think you have avoided the first and achieved the second.

If you still live there it would be good to remake this shot each year and document the changes in your street.

" a seasonal street "

(y)

^^ Madness Geof!

Back to the shot, For an urban shot you have managed to get foreground interest as well as a lead-on line and interest in the 'back' of the picture

I actually like the telephone lines and how they converge onto the pole.

As others have said, the sky has a blur to it but I don't think it kills the shot - all good learning for next time! (y)

Thanks very much to be fair I didnt even notice the blur "numpty that I am"

Those are kind words for sure and again to be fair I took the shot as the sky was great that evening and as I have learned you can't get the sky and foreground expsposed at the same time.

Thanks for stopping by.

Gaz

Oh yes we live here only house weve ever had and no plans to move :)

Took this grab through the window last Xmas.
Like your idea too.

Our_Street_2_800x600.jpg

love that snow scene great job well done

Back