My take on Knockhill BGT

Gary

TPer Emeritus
Name
See above
Edit My Images
No
Quite a few people ask where the best circuit is for taking shots from spectator areas is and I just found it!
In most cases the spectators can get within 2 feet of where the media pass photographers can get to. In fact in quite a few places i just stood in the spectator areas.

main.php

1) Its always nice when the photo you wait for finally happens

main.php

2) ferrari hitting the ground

main.php

3) this is what happens when you cut up a lambo

main.php

4) one way to stop your car rolling is to floor it! (see 2nd pic in alanw89's thread)

main.php

5) aston n24

main.php

6) nice to go to a track with an interesting background

main.php

7) myself and alanw89 must have had the same idea

main.php

8) no need to tilt the camera with hills this steep

main.php

9) more downforce needed at the front

main.php

10) sorry sir that spot is reserved

rest are on my site, or facebook or gtgateway.com

wow..some pretty awesome shots there.

one slight problem with knockhill is that its all the way up in scotland ;)

Cant really pick out a favourite, but the last one is quite funny and can be used for a caption competition.

"The driver suddenly thought he saw his ex-wife marshalling.."

:)

hahahah at that last shot!!! Man, can we have an adults only forum just for TWO minutes :D

Great series of pictures, hard to pick a favorite from them :clap:.

By the way look at the size of that lens behind the drenched dude!!! Cor blimey its f'ng huge!

I.ve never been to any other circuits but ive always thought knockhill seemed good in terms of getting close to the track, one of the benefits of not hosting that many big events i suppose. I like being able to walk through the pit area because it doesnt have any permanent pit buildings (dont know what other circuits are like though)

Oh and nice pics, i think i must have been quite close to you at some points.

I.ve never been to any other circuits but ive always thought knockhill seemed good in terms of getting close to the track,.
i think you'd be in for a shock at any other tracks.. I've been to quite a few and Knockhill is by far the best for shooting from the spectator areas.
Most other tracks would have have tall catch fencing at those corners.

I was thinking i might try and get to one of the tracks in england if it was a reasonable distance away but think i would probably need a longer lens first if thats the case (longest ive got is 200 and never really felt the need for much more). I went to the Isle of Man TT last year and after that even at knockhill it seemed like you were miles from the track:eek:

I was thinking i might try and get to one of the tracks in england if it was a reasonable distance away but think i would probably need a longer lens first if thats the case (longest ive got is 200 and never really felt the need for much more). I went to the Isle of Man TT last year and after that even at knockhill it seemed like you were miles from the track:eek:

i've got the 200mm too.. works nicely with the 1.4x TC, but you still find yourself wanting more zoom

Some very very nice shots, never been up there yet, doubt ill get a chance this year either, but looks very photo-genic (sp?)

Oooh and those are quite cheap too! (I think?)

Thats not a the 50-500mm if that what your thinking.

Its either a Sigma Prime although not the 500mm as its too small, or a Nikon, i would be leaning more to Nikon 300mm or 400mm prime.

Cracking series, No6 with the sparks is a real peach.

Thats not a the 50-500mm if that what your thinking.

Its either a Sigma Prime although not the 500mm as its too small, or a Nikon, i would be leaning more to Nikon 300mm or 400mm prime.

Wrong! That's a Nikon 500mm f4. Owned by Pedro from DailySportsCar. Nice advert for the competition there Gary! :LOL:

Some great shots, Looks like you were at the same fencepost as me on Pic 6 but a day earlier. On sunday I crouched down to catch them coming over the rise. A media tog on the trackside of the fence looked at me decided to walk up and deliberately stand right in front of me. I was well out of his way where I was. He was'nt amused cos I called him a xxx plonker.

Some great shots, Looks like you were at the same fencepost as me on Pic 6 but a day earlier. On sunday I crouched down to catch them coming over the rise. A media tog on the trackside of the fence looked at me decided to walk up and deliberately stand right in front of me. I was well out of his way where I was. He was'nt amused cos I called him a xxx plonker.

yeah, sorry about that, but no need to swear at me! :)

LOL I dont think it was me, but if it was a 6ft 4" guy in a yellow jacket and mauve beanie hat then i apologise

yeah, sorry about that, but no need to swear at me! :)

LOL I dont think it was me, but if it was a 6ft 4" guy in a yellow jacket and mauve beanie hat then i apologise

Nah! he was'nt as tall, I woud'nt have said anything if he was :LOL:

thanks for all the comments guys.. feel free to criticize any pics.. i wont cry :)

Wheres the front of the Sparking Ferrari?

TBH thats about all id be frastrated about.

Wrong! That's a Nikon 500mm f4. Owned by Pedro from DailySportsCar. Nice advert for the competition there Gary! :LOL:

LOL didnt do to bad considering i have only used Canon stuff, but wtf was he taken to use a 500mm, i have only seen 500mm lenses at WSB, and once at BSB event from the media guys.

The Sigma 500mm is quite common on the spec side ***.

nice set Gary (y)

Fantastic shots. I love the track and fortunately had the chance to put my mini round the track a few times 2 years ago. I love the first shot with the Porsche and the third shot with the Lamborghini almost loosing it on the corner with the Ferrari. Lots of action going on and very sharp.

thanks for all the comments guys.. feel free to criticize any pics.. i wont cry :)

ok then..they're all crap, you missed some crashes, you cant see the whites of the drivers eye balls, no pics of the underside of the cars, no pics of you standing in the middle of the track with the cars coming straight at you at 100mph so you need to sell your gear, get another job blah blah etc etc.. :p

nah..dont worry, only joking ;)

Back