Edit My Images
Yes
Please tell me what you think?

lots of C&C wanted

2279747924_c73e623797.jpg

2279754660_fb9bacd92f.jpg

I like them, very nice indeed.

I love water shot over long exposures.

what could be better in number 1? how would you improve it? does it just not work in b&W?

thanks for all your replys

Mark

Hi,

Number 1 looks a bit blown out in places. Maybe the WB could be adjusted if it was RAW?

Number 2 is nice although I would keep it all mono.

Nice shots though :)

SB

Well, I love number one, and infact I love number 2 as well. Usually, I pick out little things with images, and am quite honest if I don't like an image as well. So here goes :D

The problem in number one lies not in the B&W conversion, as I think this works quite well, but instead in the composition. It appears as though it has been cropped quite a lot? If so, I would keep the aspect ratio the same as it is, and expend the image to allow for the left hand side of the rock to be seen. Thus, by keeping the aspect ratio the same, you see slightly more water at the top and bottom, as well as the whole rock itself. This will help ease any possible frustration in not seeing the whole of the main subject matter, but also allow for more of that nice textured water to be visible.
The exposure however is good, and the highlights, though a little too apparent, work quite well also. Perhaps a levels tweak to bring out some contrast in the water itself? Here is what I mean... It's only subtle...

2279747924_c73e623797.jpg

Number two is a really nice shot. I would however agree with shrimperblue that the whole shot would look better fully mono. selective colouring works well in more abstract shots imho as it lends itself to the genre. Compositionaly, I wouldn't change anything. Really good work on this one :)

Understand that I'm no expert, and I offer only my opinion. Some might totally dissagree with what im saying, but hey! That's life :D

hth :)

Thanks for taking the time to comment woodsy and i understand what you mean and also i agree.

2280116352_aeb42def92.jpg

2279326141_be920753d5.jpg

what do you think woodsy and everyone else?

Is this what you meant?

sort of... the second looks miles better imo, but the first is half there. the extra space at the top and bottom helps, but I think being able to see the left hand side of the rock as well would be good. If that was originally the edge of the frame at the time of taking however, ignor that bit. Either way, the extra space at the top and bottom works in the shots favour I think :)

I agree with Rasmusrok1 - the selective colour does work in that pic - it gives it a little something and looks a bit flat wthout it - IMO

Back