My view

Edit My Images
No
I think I have only done about 3 landscapes in my long and distinguished photographic lifetime (a little over 3 months) but thought I would take this one as I see it every day.
We have a forest just a minutes walk from where we live so I am over there most days with the dog and this is the view from one edge of it.

Pentax K10D & Pentax DA 16-45mm

Rather better than what's outside my window, even when it isn't raining which it is today. You've got great light to use which always helps. I think this image could do with less sky which has no particular feature but has half the image. The three bands of colour work well. Do you have a higher viewpoint so that you can reduce the amount of sky?

It might be nice to get the town as a bigger feature, it's a bit lost at the moment. What does the landscape look like if you walk to the edge of the forest and shoot the plain, mountains and sky? I hope this helps.

From that spot it is all downhill and quite steep so don't really fancy the journey down .. never mind the climb back up :)

Thanks for the comment though.

I think it's like all landscapes, you really have to be there to enjoy the moment .. probably why I don't do many.

I want a view like that :) Where does the sun rise/set I imagine the light on those hills would be great at the right time of day!

Love to see some of those :)

I want a view like that :) Where does the sun rise/set I imagine the light on those hills would be great at the right time of day!

Love to see some of those :)

I think it rises from that side.
That is probably only a quarter of the total view as you stand at the top where it was taken, I was contemplating taking the tripod and trying to do a panoramic shot but have even less (none at all) experience of doing one of those :)

Back