My Website

Edit My Images
No
...well, not entirely mine, but hosted by Clickpic, yes, I know, another one, but it seemed a good place to start.

I finally got round to making it live today, and although theres not a great deal there yet, it's a start.

Well, please have a look and let me know what you think, although I could regret that!
It's www.lyntonbattrickphotography.co.uk

Thanks for looking!

It looks like a tyical clickpic site, and. The text is un-readable (my resoloution: 1600 x 1200) , and the front page main image doesnt load (at least not on my machine which today is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11

If i was surfing normally, i would have clicked away by now

As you asked us to look..
most of the thumbnails dont work, but when you do get to a picture, they are very nice

however the following information

Nikon D80
Lens: 18-70mm F/3.5-4.5 G
Focal Length: 31mm
Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
1/60 sec - F/18
Sensitivity:ISO 100

isnt very relevant to a sale - neither is measuring resoloution in DPI when it comes to image downloads - why? Will your image at 72 DPI fill my magazine page? who knows, if the image is 1 inch by one inch at 72 dpi then it will not. If it is 1000 inches by 1000 inches at 72dpi then it will. Much better to just give (for example) 300x400 pixels instead

Not working properly = some pics not visible = text is on the small side.

I'd delete all the stuff about the camera and lens used too - people will either not care - or if they know - they won't be that impressed! Pics are nice once you find them!

90% of your thumbnails aren't working for me either.

I find white text on a black background breaks my eyeballs, but that may be just a personal thing.

You do need to use clever typograpahy to pull off light text on a dark background well

Apart from that, the way fonts are antialliased on screens makes most of them change thier appearance and legibility big time when in "reverse"

Hi,
Thanks for the feedback,
I will take on board your comments and look at the issues today.
I have no idea why some thumbnails aren't working now, as all worked yesterday when I had made the site live.

I will let you know when I have made the changes.

Thanks.

I Have made some changes. Feel free to tell me what you think. I am very new to the websites side of things, so appreciate any constructive opinions.

thanks

ive just looked at it for the first time so do not know about the recent problems people have listed, i think its good for a first website well done, im sure others will mention a few things

Looking much better - the only thing I'd suggest now is you need to watermark the large images on the site - you'll never sell a 600 x 400 image if people can just copy it straight off the website (as they can now).

Everything worked straight out of the box for me. It's looking good.

Looks good, although the arrows on the purchase drop downs overlap the images in my browser (Opera, Mac). Not a major thing though.

Hi,
Thanks for pointing out about the pricing boxes, I had totally overlooked that!
I'm not sure what to do about the thumbnails, as I think it must be due to cliclpic, as as for the last 36 hours or so it has been working with no problems.

Thanks,
Lynton.

Back