My website...

Name
William
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all.

Please could you spare a few moments to go through the website and tell me what you think?

http://www.will-belcher.co.uk

Had to rebuild this weekend after an upgrade of CMSMS 1.41 went a bit pete tong.

I have adjusted the thumbnails so that from now on in any new images uploaded will be decent sized thumbnails.

I like the simplicity, although as i have found separating bits of your business is better (IT Support and Hosting , and then Photography) as they are such different things.
Not sure if i like you header text Will-Belcher.co.uk, maybe just use a title, not sure if writing the address again is necessary :)

Firstly, is it a gallery or a portfolio?

As said, the header is far too big and the fact you've got 'Photography, IT Support and Hosting' in the header despite there being nothing but photography stuff on there just seems odd.

Firstly, is it a gallery or a portfolio?

As said, the header is far too big and the fact you've got 'Photography, IT Support and Hosting' in the header despite there being nothing but photography stuff on there just seems odd.

I agree - its something that needs adding.

I have now changed the site again to something easier in my eyes to look at.

Thanks for the feed back guys!

Some of the landscape images, when opened, are huge. I have to scroll up and sideways on my screen to see the full pictures. Plus, mega amount of dust bunnies which could do with cleaning up.

The changing image on the home page, some of the picture sizes aren't consistent which throws out the layout of the page.

Layout looks clean though and the colours are pleasing. :)

People aren't idiots - you don't have to tell them to use the menu to navigate the site!
Not sure what the purpose of the site is. Are you just displaying your pics, selling them or looking for work? You don't say anything about yourself at all!

You need to put your very best images on the front page. The ones that are there are less than inspiring.

Hi, pretty nice. I don't really think you need the navigation down the side when you have it all accessible at the top anyway.

To be completely honest...

I don't think the website is very attractive, I mean there's nothing eye-catching on the homepage and from that I wouldn't bother browsing around the website (thats just me). I'm not sure if this is meant to be used for a portfolio or just a gallery to showcase all of your photography.. But some of the images in that cycle on your homepage i.e. the one of the dog, or the images of your garden (or field) look as if its just a gallery about your 'life,' the next thing I would expect to see is family photos... You've got a lot of Motorsport stuff, why not show that off? That would make you look a lot more interesting.

Why do you need to have the Navigation section twice? And as mentioned before, you don't need to tell people how to navigate around your website, its very clear.

If I were you, I would remove the navigation on the right hand side, put the News section in a thin banner below the links and enlarge the images to - a bit smaller than - the width of the green navigation banner... Show off your images more rather than all this unnecessary type.

In your Motorsport, and Other Photography section you have an inconsistency where the main image to the galleries are of a different size.

Within the gallery where you can view all the thumbnails, the images are spread out way too much, you could fit another image between the gap of each row... You need to do a lot of scrolling to view all of the images and in the gallery i'm looking at Landscape Photography: Snow theres quite a few 'duplicates' or very similar images which you could probably narrow down..

Hope you dont find what i've said offensive, but it's meant for you to take it as constructive criticism and I think you could still do a lot to the website. Some of what AWP said as well, but more indepth...

Back