My Website

Gary.D

Hoodie
Name
Gary Derbridge
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey Guys,
I posted my website up around 2 or 3 months ago when it was pretty much brand new.
Some of you made some comments then about it and I listened to alot of them and made changes.
If any of you could take a moment to have a look and tell me what you think, and what I could improve on I would be very grateful.

I think this is one of the best ways of improving.

www.gdphotographer.co.uk

Thanks.
Gary

The picture on the header looks like a low res pic (kinda pixelated), was this the intended look?

Ah ok just wondered.

If you need any help or advice with it give me a shout (PM and I can give you my MSN). I design the odd site now and again (currently designing a photography one for myself) and also work in Pre Press so pretty good with my graphic design.

If you search on google for the 50 best photography websites or just any to be honest, it can really spur on some ideas etc.

Ah ok just wondered.

If you need any help or advice with it give me a shout (PM and I can give you my MSN). I design the odd site now and again (currently designing a photography one for myself) and also work in Pre Press so pretty good with my graphic design.

If you search on google for the 50 best photography websites or just any to be honest, it can really spur on some ideas etc.

That would be great mate, any good at making a banner lol :p

haha i'm not to bad at it - if you were to give me a brief/sketches, I could easy have a go.

How have you made the overall site - designed in photoshop then sliced and coded?

haha i'm not to bad at it - if you were to give me a brief/sketches, I could easy have a go.

How have you made the overall site - designed in photoshop then sliced and coded?

No, I have used dreamweaver.
I wouldn't mind the same banner as I have now, just better quality pic.
Unless you can come up with something better as your the graphic person lol
Im useless haha

I have my driving test on Monday so stressing bout that at the moment - but will have a play with it next week sometime - see what I can come up with.

Everything just seems a bit too big for me.

Header/banner could be about half the size. You menu boxes and font is too big as is the text in general. 4 images below are fine.

In firefox if you press ctrl and mouse wheel down 2 clicks it looks just about right then.

Not sure if its because i've just come back from a run and my eyes are playing up but that font in white seems a little hard to read on the black background. But, that could just be me.

The actual design i quite like, but a couple of little things that would help would be when viewing the gallery, to be able to click the image to move forward one instead of having to scroll to the top. How about a form on the contact page so I don't have to open my email, then copy yours over etc. And the last thing that springs to mind would be to lose the myspace/don't stay in/facebook images on the contact page as it detracts from your site. By all means lave links but I think those icons just don't fit in :)

Totally agree that the fundamental design is alright, just a bit too big!

I agree on the size issue.

I also think that some of the images are over-compressed, I know you don't want to make people wait for ages (or have people nicking them) but just having a quick flick through the wedding section, there's a lot of jpeg artifacts which aren't going to help attract new clients.

The fact that you have some images watermarked, and some not, also reads a bit funny to me.

Back