My wife in the bath

Edit My Images
Yes
....taken only in candle light, handheld! C&C welcome!

candle_bath.jpg

I like the concept and the lighting looks good, however i think it would work better compositionly (am i making up words) if it was orientated in portrait with her legs coming in at an angle :)

Love the lighting and subject, but agree with toothie on the portrait thing - with the leg / ankle line leading the eye into the shot?

Personally I think you've overdone the cropping here! You've cropped most of her out!!!

Not bad shot though.

I see that you, like me, get the tap end :);)

Its a nice warming and calming shot - but think I agree with Ruths portrait idea.

Nicely done though! :clap:

Is that a reflection I can see in the taps of her b... <snip>

Nice image :)

great title and plenty of views :D Agree with the others, camera angle is all wrong lol

Seriously it's a great shot (y)

Really good prespective, I also like the warmth and reflection (y)

Thanks for sharing.

I could come along to your house and offer you some compositional advice - FOC ;)

Do you want to buy any more? :naughty:

Nice photo. I'm sure that by the title this will be one of the most viewed threads! :)

Before I opened this I had all sorts of thoughts as to how one could shoot the good lady in the bath and get away with your life.

Well done :)

Thanks for the replies and the comments.

Alas, it was shot by my good wife herself and not by me: no husband was required.

:ty: for all your comments.

I'm tall and we have a very long bath but I just couldn't get myself in the right position for a portrait composition AND more importantly, I didn't want to sploosh any water on my 40D :)

I have some more bath time photography ideas but I think I'll have to involve hubby;)

Very disappointing image after the title :naughty:

So ignoring the title, I quite like it

My one concern though is that you were in fact trying to clean the sensor when the shutter fired? :eek::eek::eek:

I look forward to seeing more of you... I mean your work ;)

DD

really nice shot. lots of warmth. but would not take my camera into the bath!!!!!!
very brave!

I love this picture it's really warm and makes me want a candlelit bath!:)

Surely a sin is being committed in this shot...

Oi what you doing out the 10 commanadments thread :p

Nice relaxing pic though :) Cant get that effect in my bath full grandkids bath toys :) If I sit on one more rubber dinosaur thats it theyre out !

Last edited:
Back