Beginner N.Y N.Y

Name
Grant Vallely
Edit My Images
Yes
https://flic.kr/p/qXxVqS

So my first outing and first time with a DSLR - Canon 550D. New York in Winter.. Any comments, good or bad appreciated.. I would like to know if I am on the right track!

Last edited:
Not looking too bad Grant, can't see any exif info so hard to comment on your settings. I would say work on the framing a bit more, the first it looks like you have just clipped the top of the building off. The second you need more space at the bottom of the picture, although i love that big sky.

Thanks Ynot, .. How do we upload to include the exif info? Do I have to use an external site and link to it? Just realised I uploaded the wrong first picture, I do have one almost exactly the same but to the tip of the mast! I also have a couple of shots f the skyline with sea beneath, but I did prefer the Big sky shot :)

I use flickr, you can then see all info on there.

OK so I have the flickr account and have uploaded some photo's but how do I now 'connect' these to here? Maybe a bot of googling required!

Share using the BB code (to the right of the image you should see a small arrow, that's the share button, find the BB code there) . Copy from Flickr and just paste it into the thread.

I'm not massively keen on the framing of the first shot. It's a bit too busy for me.
The second shot, I'd be tempted to crop some of the right hand side off, bringing 1TC closer to the right. Or, go portrait with it having it center.

Back