n1kcy’s 52 for 2023 - Weeks 52 Favourite Image of 2023 (cc always welcome)

I do like the way they're posed.

It's like you asked if you could take their picture and they stood there while you did it.

Processing/colouring is nice too with that desaturated look.
Thank you

Week 2 Incomplete & Tech.
We flew to Lanzarote last Thursday (heading home tomorrow ).

I spent all week trying to find Incomplete & Juxtaposition together and now I have 2 and can’t decide which one I prefer.17D71A3E-C220-43B9-850A-A67D351B74DB.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep me too ^^^

I like number two best as well, both could do with more sheep in them imho!

Second one for me too! Works really well for the tech with the completed and incomplete.
Thanks I spent quite awhile trying different compositions. I liked the way the incomplete roof points at the complete house

I think its unanimous - number 2 by a mile!

the repeating hollow cubes leading over and down to the finished house, lovely colours and light too. The fact it meets the theme and Juxtapostion too is icing on the cake

I was thinking Spain or the Canaries. Not too far out then :)
Spot on, gold star to you.

I think its unanimous - number 2 by a mile!

the repeating hollow cubes leading over and down to the finished house, lovely colours and light too. The fact it meets the theme and Juxtapostion too is icing on the cake
Thank you, I did spend quite a while at the site trying to find the best composition.

I think that you picked the right image Nicky, Well composed. Must admit that I had to google where Lanzarote was though...

Your area - they looks like you have asked them to pose and they obliged.
Incomplete - I get the juxtaposed more from the first image but the second is a better aesthetic image with nice light.

I think that you picked the right image Nicky, Well composed. Must admit that I had to google where Lanzarote was though...
Glad I could help improve your geography
Your area - they looks like you have asked them to pose and they obliged.
Incomplete - I get the juxtaposed more from the first image but the second is a better aesthetic image with nice light.
Thanks, I totally agree about the Juxtaposition in the first image.

Week 3 - Artifical.
Artificial food lit with artificial light.
20230123-FXE34520.jpg

Very plastic looking froooot - perfik!

First thought was, thats a bit bright and reflective!! Which is presumably the look you were going for, to accentuate the artificialness of the fruits.

Good job!

I'm liking the shadow cast in this one. Works perfectly for the theme.

Good idea and you've got the lighting just right to show that these are articial.

P.S. If you follow Cobra's instructions it means we don't have to scroll all the way through this thread to find the current weekly image. OK now but as the weeks add up it will take longer.

"Post the same image on the front page as your own thread, grab the link from the post number in your thread.
that is, right click the number top right and click copy link address.
This is all you need to add to the ( highlighted )word linky or whatever you choose, by clicking the double chain in the reply box
and insert in the top portion..."

Very plastic looking froooot - perfik!
Thank you
Lovely image.
Thanks

First thought was, thats a bit bright and reflective!! Which is presumably the look you were going for, to accentuate the artificialness of the fruits.

Good job!
Yep, artificial fruit and artificial light to go with it. Shooting for the theme, rather than personal tastes lol.
Great idea Nicky, I like the bright, offset lighting.
Thanks

I'm liking the shadow cast in this one. Works perfectly for the theme.
Thanks, I've been doing lots of stuff with shadows lately, trying to learn how to control and shape them.

Good idea and you've got the lighting just right to show that these are articial.

P.S. If you follow Cobra's instructions it means we don't have to scroll all the way through this thread to find the current weekly image. OK now but as the weeks add up it will take longer.

"Post the same image on the front page as your own thread, grab the link from the post number in your thread.
that is, right click the number top right and click copy link address.
This is all you need to add to the ( highlighted )word linky or whatever you choose, by clicking the double chain in the reply box
and insert in the top portion..."
Thanks for the tip, I had no idea, I will try that this week.

Nice bright colours, lighting gives the shape of the glass nicely.

Yep - very well done Nicky!

Very good, just like Leebert, such a coincidence. I wrote this on his thread too :):)

Back