Nato

Edit My Images
Yes
On the way home from work last night.
IMG_0871.jpg

55mm F/10 ISO 100 pattern metering 1/250 sec

Its an old 707 I think. About time they gave it the make over the KC-135 tanker recieved.

Would love to see one personally, where do you live?

Hello, I live in Newquay, this was taken at the end of St. Mawgan runway.

Ill be at St Mawgan in August during the Air Cadets anual camp (Adult Staff, not cadet). Fingers crossed something comes in but I heard they are closing the site maybe end this year/early next?

King.

There is a lot of speculation flying around at the moment.
Richard Branson has been showing an interest in the massive hangars there, would be great to fly worldwide from Newquay.
I am probably going to be working up the base decorating later in the year.

They'd have to make massive improvements to the roads in and out of cornwall if Branson was going to turn St Mawgan into a major international airport. A couple more years and he can have his pick of ex RAF bases as we get squeezed onto a couple of bases.

Bloody Hell it's the old AWACS bus - indeed a 707 airframe. I thought this was used as landfill years ago, must be 40 years old if it's a day.

We have these - or similar ones - flying high above this area in circles for hours on end. As I type this there has been one that I can see from the office window flying round and round for the past hour or so. If you're quick and in Scunthorpe, Hull, Goole, York (maybe), Pocklington and Beverley - you may see it flying high and round and round - just look for the circular contrail. I have some photos somehwere - although the plane was a few thousand feet up so you can only just make out the radar dish.

They'd have to make massive improvements to the roads in and out of cornwall if Branson was going to turn St Mawgan into a major international airport. A couple more years and he can have his pick of ex RAF bases as we get squeezed onto a couple of bases.

New Indian Queens ByPass is all but finished :)

We have these - or similar ones - flying high above this area in circles for hours on end. As I type this there has been one that I can see from the office window flying round and round for the past hour or so. If you're quick and in Scunthorpe, Hull, Goole, York (maybe), Pocklington and Beverley - you may see it flying high and round and round - just look for the circular contrail. I have some photos somehwere - although the plane was a few thousand feet up so you can only just make out the radar dish.

Small world :)
My missus is from sunny scunny :)

Back