Natural History Museum at night

It's such a stunning building and I'm sure there are night shots to be had, but I have to admit the composition of this one isn't doing a deal for me. Sorry.

Hi Jim,

Instead of just saying, "I don't like it", I'm going to tell you why.

One way that would have made this shot (in my view) so much stronger, would be if you haddn't clipped the window on the right-hand-side. For me, this detracts from the image.

If you have (any version of) Photoshop, play around with text layers in that black spance on the top right. I can see a 'John Lewis-esc' advert here, with Gill Sans MT as the font.

Would love to see the result, who knows, you may just rescue this image!

Thanks,

Last edited:
Hi Jim,

Instead of just saying, "I don't like it", I'm going to tell you why.

One way that would have made this shot (in my view) so much stronger, would be if you haddn't clipped the window on the right-hand-side. For me, this detracts from the image.

If you have (any version of) Photoshop, play around with text layers in that black spance on the top right. I can see a 'John Lewis-esc' advert here, with Gill Sans MT as the font.

Would love to see the result, who knows, you may just rescue this image!

Thanks,

Thanks for giving some proper crit. The window is annoying I agree and my widest lens is a 35mm on that camera. Thanks for the text suggestion too. :)

Back