*Natural*

Name
Daniel George
Edit My Images
Yes
Well went out again today to try and get some good landscape shots and i got two that i like the most which i thought id post.

1. I though the the angle of the rocks frame this image well. The light was very bad an the distance wasnt very visible so i used photoshop to simulate a graded natural density filter * as i dont have one * and managed to enhance the distance as well as using curves to adjust the colours a little. I've decided to add the border and the title as it seemed to fit with the picutre * matter of preference *

2. From the same spot i decided to purely photgraph the rocks and again thought the shot was good. This has had no enhancement whatsoever.

rockframe.jpg

rocks.jpg

C+C Please and feel free to have a mess with the images if you want.

Like the 2nd shot, the rocks are very unusually shaped.

Rocks are certainly interesting in the second shot - but the blown out sky makes them a too stark for my preference, and you can see the purple fringing around their edges. I'm guessing it was overcast shooting conditions, though?

Rocks are certainly interesting in the second shot - but the blown out sky makes them a too stark for my preference, and you can see the purple fringing around their edges. I'm guessing it was overcast shooting conditions, though?

Yes very overcast and very windy i might add. I had to enhance the first image to get abetter look into the distance but cant think of much i can do with the second image. Any ideas?

Try it in Black and White. I read an article once that said that overcast days were black and white days and to an extent that is true. Shape, texture and contrast are what makes B&W work and I think the rocks qualify for that. You may have to boost the contrast a little and if you are feeling really adventurous try a grey grad on the sky?

I like the composition in number 1 but number 2 is my fav. Have you tired, messing about with the levels in number 2 to help with the sky. I Will have a try in lightroom and see what i can do. (as you said you don't mind.)

Both the foregrounds are really well exposed and the shots are well composed just the sky is a real let down in both. Obviouslty the conditions haven't helped you any but I'm sure you could of got a bit more out of the sky with a second exposure and a bit of blending.

Other than that the black and white conversion on number 2 may work as suggested or you'll just have to get back up there on a nice sunny day with some fluffy white clouds!

Hey i had a little play,

The colour version didn't really work too well, difficult working with small jpegs downloaded from here.

But anyway here u go:

rocks_by_chase-1.jpg

rocks_by_chase-2.jpg

More than happy so show u a lightroom screen dump if any one can remind me how to do it;)

Try it in Black and White. I read an article once that said that overcast days were black and white days and to an extent that is true. Shape, texture and contrast are what makes B&W work and I think the rocks qualify for that. You may have to boost the contrast a little and if you are feeling really adventurous try a grey grad on the sky?

:agree: Couldn't have put it better (y)

Nice outcome, Toothie :)

Yeah the B=W looks good. I shall give it a try myself when i get chance and see how it turns out.

P.S. nice toothie

Yeah the B=W looks good. I shall give it a try myself when i get chance and see how it turns out.

P.S. nice toothie

Thanks Chase, there your photos i just moved a few sliders about. Will work much better on the original image im sure(y)

Back