ND Filter for Cokin P Holder ND 2.0 or Above?

Edit My Images
No
Hi all, I currently use HiTech resin filters with my CokinP holder. However I would like to aquire a resin filter with ND 2.0 or greater ideally capabilities. HiTech only seem to go up to 1.2, does anyone know of anywhere else that does them? I would like to use the square filter rather than buy a fixed nd for a specific thread diameter.

Any help would be appreciated.

The only other thing I could do is stack a couple of 1.2 ND's in the holder, but would that cause issues? I know a single filter would be better....

The cokin ND's seem to give a colour cast, but the HiTech one's I have used seem to be better....

Hi tech seem to number their filters as 0.3, 0.6, 0.9 & 1.2

whereas Cokin for instance number theirs as ND2, ND4, & ND8 etc.

im wondering if you are at cross purposes with the numbering systems?

0.3, 0.5 & 0.9 seeems equivalent to ND2, ND4, & ND8

hope that helps.

I see what you mean but I am indeed looking for around 8 stops or more of light reduction, for long exposure work during the daytime.

ND 1.0 (exposure adjustment = 3 1/3stops )

ND 2.0 (exposure adjustment = 6 2/3stops)

ND 3.0 (exposure adjustment = 10stops)

ND 4.0 (exposure adjustment = 13 1/3stops)

Hi all, I currently use HiTech resin filters with my CokinP holder. However I would like to aquire a resin filter with ND 2.0 or greater ideally capabilities. HiTech only seem to go up to 1.2, does anyone know of anywhere else that does them? I would like to use the square filter rather than buy a fixed nd for a specific thread diameter.

Any help would be appreciated.

The only other thing I could do is stack a couple of 1.2 ND's in the holder, but would that cause issues? I know a single filter would be better....

The cokin ND's seem to give a colour cast, but the HiTech one's I have used seem to be better....

Spot on, Hi-Tec only go to 1.2....I went with Hi-Tec because they don't produce a colour cast. Dare I say Lee, Lee will make to order ! Little bit more pricey though.

I have stacked Hi-Tec before .6 and .9 and I agree one piece of resin should only really be yused, but my results were fine.

Spot on, Hi-Tec only go to 1.2....I went with Hi-Tec because they don't produce a colour cast. Dare I say Lee, Lee will make to order ! Little bit more pricey though.

I have stacked Hi-Tec before .6 and .9 and I agree one piece of resin should only really be yused, but my results were fine.

Yeah I had thought about a custom made one, but the price from Lee is expensive, thats why I have always stuck with HiTech. I suppose I could stack them as you say its worked ok, but will see if anyone comes up with something other that Lee? I wonder if HiTech do custom filters cheaper? I would hate to pay silly amounts of money and get any colour case etc though....Decisions....Decisions

Did some checking for you. The only ND 2.0 I could find was a Kodak Wratten gel filter. Tiffen are now the distributors of these, but the price is $106 for a 100mm sq.

Best bet, use 2 x 1.0 ( or equivelent ) Its going to be a whole lot cheaper.

Indeed the most i will get from stacking 2 filters would be 2.4

Ideally I would have liked more than that from a single filter, but they are gonna be too expensive for me to buy, and without much knowledge of what issues they will have, i am very reluctant. Shame I dont know anyone who works for Lee:crying:

Back