Need a bit more length

Name
Dean
Edit My Images
Yes
:LOL:

As title really, as mentioned in my lighting problem thread i have upgraded my own camera to a D90 and sold my Sony A200 and lenses on to work. I am very very happy with the Nikon as already i feel that i am taking better pictures but i am missing the 70-300 lens i had for the Sony. It used to wind me up constantly changing between the 18-75 kit lens and the 70-300 on the Sony when i needed just that little bit more whilst wandering about but with the D90 i am finding the 18-105 covers most of my needs except when i want to get up close to something. I spent the day at Brands hatch on Saturday and really felt the 18-105 to restrictive and lusted after a bit more length especially seeing the togs walking about with there monsters out.

Have been having a good look about and taking in lots of options but to be honest i think i have confused my self more than i have helped. I had decided on the Nikon 70-300 VR as i think this will do all i need it too but it is around £400 and i don't know how much use i will give it. The 55-200 Vr looks good too but i don't think it is long enough. The Tamron and Sigma lenses are a unknown to me and i am not sure if once purchased i would have wished i had gone for the Nikon. I do want VR (or equivalent) as i don't want to lug the tripod around all the time.

All advice welcomed.

Dean

Go for a 2nd hand 70-300mm VR....they go for close to £300 in the classifieds here.

I think i have settled on the 70-300 VR but will this be good for motorsport and wildlife?.

Dean

Back