Need a new inkjet printer!

Name
Bal Sanghera
Edit My Images
Yes
After good 5-6 years using my trusty epson r220 its finally packed in, first the cd tray stopped working then the paper feed and now it just doesnt power up at all so thats off to printer heaven.

I loved my epson printer because the ink was dirt cheap and the quality was imo very good so should I stick with epson or is there others to consider eg Canon?

Want high quality A4 printer that does cd/dvd but with inks that dont cost an arm and a leg :cautious:

Any suggestions?

I too had the Epson R220. I've now got the Canon IP4700 which takes 5 cartridges. I use compatible ink cartridges and pay around £1.50 per cartridge for replacements.

I'm not doing any top quality printing, but the print quality is excellent on both paper and disks for what I need. Well worth a look in my opinion.

I dont want anything for client printing just home use really will take a look at the canon

I too have a canon and find that the print quality is excellent but I do find that compatible cartridges and cheap paper both have a detrimental affect on print quality and longevity particularly if it gets anywhere near direct sunlight even for a short period.

I've got a several year old Canon IP6700D, and if you use canon ink and paper the output is absolutely top quality. Not tried any 3rd party ink, but they are very good printers.

Hi i have canon ip4700 to and its a cracker real good quality prints and print speed good to

I stick with genuine Canon cartridges but buy from justinkandpaper.com in Jersey - no VAT or postage costs.

BigAl127 said:
I too had the Epson R220. I've now got the Canon IP4700 which takes 5 cartridges. I use compatible ink cartridges and pay around £1.50 per cartridge for replacements.

I'm not doing any top quality printing, but the print quality is excellent on both paper and disks for what I need. Well worth a look in my opinion.

Canon IP4700 I have an older version and I doubt you can go far wrong. Good value for money as no card reader or screen.

Does CDs as well :)

Hi,
I had an Epson, but had lots of problems with it, intermittent bouts of printing gobeldygook!!!
:bang:
Never could fix it.....
Replaced it with a Canon IP4600, really pleased with it. I guess mine's been superceded by the 4700, nothing but praise for the 4600.
As for cartridges, only ever used original cartridges. Sat on a train in Japan with a Canon engineer talking about printers and he had lots of tales of what 'compatible' cartridges do to print heads.
May have been some propoganda, but the outcome was that if you want to maintain print quality and long life, then you have to use original cartridges. ;)

Neil

Hi Allan

Like you, I am not looking for top quality printing on the Canon IP4700 and my main interest is in CD/DVD printing using compatible inks. Where do you get your £1.50 cartridges from?
Thank you.

Sam-D

Hi sam not bought from here yet but at 5.99 free delevery they could be worth a go http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....432988&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1819wt_905
here is there phone number 01482|581666
andy

Many thanks for that Andy.

I am close to buying the Canon IP4700 for an urgent job printing directly onto CD’s. However, I am very keen to establish that it will function without issues when using non Canon compatible inks. Ideally I am seeking confirmation from other TPers who have this printer and can recommend from experience a specific low cost compatible ink that definitely works without problems.

Cheers
Sam-D

Last edited:
Hi Allan

Like you, I am not looking for top quality printing on the Canon IP4700 and my main interest is in CD/DVD printing using compatible inks. Where do you get your £1.50 cartridges from?
Thank you.

Sam-D

Hi Sam

I got my cartridges from here. I paid £5.89 per set back in April, but they're now from £3.80 a set with free p&p (auction), so less than 80p per cartridge, or there's a buy it now at £4.38 with Free p&P, so around 90p per cartridge.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-SET-5-ink-C...ng_PrinterInkCatridges_JN&hash=item5d2f51292f

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-INK-CARTRID...ng_PrinterInkCatridges_JN&hash=item5d2efdb4e6

They come without boxes, but are individually wrapped in cellophane, and i've had no problems so far.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Hi Sam

I got my cartridges from here. I paid £5.89 per set back in April, but they're now from £3.80 a set with free p&p (auction), so less than 80p per cartridge, or there's a buy it now at £4.38 with Free p&P, so around 90p per cartridge.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-SET-5-ink-C...ng_PrinterInkCatridges_JN&hash=item5d2f51292f

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-INK-CARTRID...ng_PrinterInkCatridges_JN&hash=item5d2efdb4e6

They come without boxes, but are individually wrapped in cellophane, and i've had no problems so far.

Hope this helps.

Excellent, thanks for that Allan, you’re a star - Just what I needed.
Cheers

Sam-D

Back