Need assistance with HDR

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Everyone..

Looking for some assistance and tip on the best software and or process for producing HDR images.

I have not tried HRD very much before I have produced one in the past and that did not get very good critique when placed on the forum.

I was wondering if I could find out how you gents/ladies produce HDR images, what software tutorials and the likes.

many thanks

Nigel.

Hiya Nigel.

Pete Carr has produced a great tutorial on HDR - I will try and find a link for you.

As for software - I'd suggest using PhotoMatrix as it produces good results ... Give me a minute to find that link.

Cheers.

Anth

Step 1. Photoshop for raw conversion and creating different exposed photos.
Step 2. Stick them in Photomatix and generate HDR
Step 3. Tone map the HDR to your liking
Step 4. Back into photoshop for various tweaking
Step 5. Upload to preferred image hosting service
Step 6. Show me! :)

Look on Pete Carr's website, he has an excellent tutorial.

I use the software package Dynamic Photo HDR. I find this has a better interface and results than Potomatix.

Really easy to use.

1. Load in 3 exposures.

2. Set exposure for each image.

3. Align images (if need be).

4. Tone map.

Done (y)

I don't even bother with Photoshopping for different exposures as Photomatrix will take them straight from the Raw file.

Having tried with different exposures too - not really noticed any difference between this and the Raw way.

Deffo Photomatrix though - by far the best.

Here's some I made earlier ... not the best by a long way ... but I like them!

smllhdrbridge.jpg

image-12-6.jpg

image-12-8.jpg

Hiya Nigel.

Pete Carr has produced a great tutorial on HDR - I will try and find a link for you.

As for software - I'd suggest using PhotoMatrix as it produces good results ... Give me a minute to find that link.

Cheers.

Anth

That I do :) First hit in google for "hdr guide" or "hdr tutorial" If only people used google ;)

Pretty much every single one of my photos is HDR'd, and I'm going to use this as a prime opportunity to show some of them off :p

Not always with me but most of the time , some shots just deserve to be HDR'd :woot:

Woodland.jpg

HolyCrossChurch.jpg

Graveyard.jpg

GravediggersHut.jpg

Plus after editing in adobe elements or corel paintshop pro photo x2 always helps :D

Back