Need Help Choosing Some Canvas

Name
Kelvin
Edit My Images
Yes
I'd like to buy some canvas, to print, stretch and wrap around a frame.

In searching this one seems to crop up a lot 'Universal Cotton Canvas 415gsm Bright White'

Is this one a good place to start or would you recommend something else.

I am looking for a 24" (610mm) wide roll and compatible with pigment ink.

Any suggestions and help would really be appreciated.

That looks good to me Poah, I'll give it try. Thanks

I read somewhere that it is better to affix a stiffened leader to the canvas to get it to feed through the printer properly.

Would this be true or does the canvas feed through ok on it's own?.

I cut the canvas to use on my R2400 and use scotch tape to stick a bit of paper on the front of it. This is enough to pull the canvas though then the printer is capable of feeding it after that. The R2400 can't pull the canvas though on its own although it may be different for the bigger wide format printers.

Do you stick the paper to the top of the canvas, or to the bottom? Or does it near as make no difference?

I cut the canvas to use on my R2400 and use scotch tape to stick a bit of paper on the front of it. This is enough to pull the canvas though then the printer is capable of feeding it after that. The R2400 can't pull the canvas though on its own although it may be different for the bigger wide format printers.

Thanks for clarifying that Poah. I'll be ordering the same canvas off ebay so I won't have to be guessing how to handle it now.

Back