need help with map software

Edit My Images
No
not sure how to put this really.
I have decided to photograph every building in my village that is over 100 years old. Thats quite a few ,probably about 300 or more.

In order to keep check on where I am and eventually provide viewers to my website with a means to locate the photograph of the property they are interested in I want to use a large scale map of the village .

The idea is that they click on the building on the map which is a link to another page containing the photo.

Now.... I have an awesome OS map which has been supplied in CAD lite has anyone any ideas on what software I could use to edit the map ? I have CAD lite but no idea how to use it. I am proficient with Corel though?

Have you considered Google Maps? You can provide a link with the co-ordinates of any location world wide on your site that would then take them to a map and/or satelite image of the location.

Use any post-code, then visit google.co.uk/maps, enter the post-code, then you get to zoom in to any level of detail required. Then use the 'Link to this page' button to generate the code that is a URL to that exact location.

Here's the link to HRH

How's that...

Thats amazing quality isn't it !
yes that would be perfect if I was working in a major city but they don't bother with much detail for tiny villages . It doesn't show much for my village. unfortunately.I'll take another look see if the image is any better since I adjusted the settings last month.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Edit

Mmmm I am going to have to re-consider using Google. Its much better than I remember it being when I last looked.
typical village
Excellent thanks for the suggestion

Back