Need help with sensor cleaning info please

Edit My Images
No
Folks,

The time has come to do the deed and get my sensor cleaned. I am too chicken to do it myself so am looking for any info on shops that do it in North East type of area.

I don't really fancy sending to canon etc and would much prfer to "pop in" somewhere semi local if anywhere exists:shrug:.

So if anyone knows of anywhere info would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Rob

There's really nothing to it, Get yourself some Eclipse fluid and Pecpads and give it ago, there are a number of how to articles floating about but basically you just wet the pad, wipe it once one way and once back the other, hey presto clean sensor.

First time can be daunting, but once done no problem. I'm a brush man myself but either should work.

You could try just giving a good blow with a Rocket blower first

Thanks for the reply folks.

I have tried a blower but seemed to end up with more "dusties" than I had before. I was nearly tempted by using the artic butterfly brush but knowing me ....... anything that can go amiss probably will.

Rob

Butterfly works fine for me.....(y)

Rob

Sensors are more robust than most people think. The arctic butterfly just glides over the sensor. I've used the Pec pads as well an they work OK. It's just I like to carry the brush with me, and found that despite the fluid being in a sealed bottle it's highly volatile and slowly leaches out. The trick is to keep it in the fridge. Bit difficult in mid wales in mid summer:LOL:

Had the same situation myself a few months back. So rang a local 'Independant' shop to ask what cleaning equipment they had in stock. Then explained I'd not done this before and if I purchased the recomended kit could someone show me how to use it. They were more than glad to help out.

Sorry I can't help with any locations as I'm in the south, but there's plenty about.

Good luck

Well folks, tonight is the night with artic butterfly in hand....:help:

Maybe looking for a new camera tomorrow:)

Wish me luck

Rob

Old Eldon Square Newcastle, 0191 221 2340, top left corner, third floor, £10.
Do not think he opens on a Monday.

Back