Need help with timelapse photography

Name
Sean
Edit My Images
Yes
So, I shoot 5-a-side football every sunday, and I've had an idea to take a shot every few seconds throughout the whole 40 minute game, and combine it into an animation. I will be shooting the smallest JPEG my camera can muster, since I'll need around 2000 frames.

However, I need a way to set my camera off every 1-2 seconds. Is it going to be a case of sitting the camera down, and pressing the shutter release every 1-2 seconds or is there an easier, non-expensive way of doing it?

Saw a battery grip on Ebay the other day which included an LCD and timelapse function.
Might be enough, but I think it could only do 99 (or was that 999) shots without the timer needing to be restarted

Yep, I bought a Jenis battery grip from someone on here that has a time lapse function built in.

Saw a battery grip on Ebay the other day which included an LCD and timelapse function.
Might be enough, but I think it could only do 99 (or was that 999) shots without the timer needing to be restarted

If its 999 that shouldnt be a problem, its its 2000 for the whole game as half time will give an opportunity for resetting things.

If you can plug your laptop into the camera via USB, there used to be a timelapse setting in EOS Utility I think.

Or, get a cable release, and pay a spectator to press the button every 5 mins :)

I believe that for the 400D, some people were doing work in hacking the firmware, making it extensible via a scripting language. From memory, I think one of the scripts was for timelapse. Do you fancy uploading a custom firmware?

There are a few on ebay for around £30, I don't really want to buy one without doing a review on it though! looks like I'll be pressing the shutter 2000 times :p

thank god I have a remote shutter release aha.

Maplin do a timer kit (MK111 Adjustable Timer with Relay Output) ideal for this kind of thing for £5.99. extras would be a length of shielded cable, couple of resitors and appropriate connector for your camera release.

Trev

FP - one of these - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TR-90-C6-Time...sidZp1742.m153.l1262?_trksid=p1742.m153.l1262 - will do the job. You can set it to shoot up to 399 shots, or an unlimited number of shots thereafter. You can set the interval from 1 second up to 99hrs, 59 mins, 59 secs. Uses 2 x AAA batteries.

I bought one from that seller - etefore - it arrived in about a week. I've not had a chance to try it out in anger yet, but the little play I've had with it confirms it works and it will do what you want it to.

Its got a couple of other functions too and, of course, it will work as a standard cable release too.

Was really looking at spending £10 max, even if I had to DIY it.
Definitely being stingy.
I think I'm just going to release the shutter every second for 40 minutes. Or maybe only do it after half time.

Back