Need Help

Name
Graham Pattison
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a Yongnuo YN560 IV flash and have two JJC triggers. Neither has worked correctly. The latest one is JF-U2
I have a Canon 2000d
The flash works well when sat on the camera, but not on a stand alone.
I have connected a receiver to the camera and one to the flash, all triggers communicate well but the flash does not recognise any of them.
It could be a simple programming but its frustrating.
can anyone help.

I don't have any of the specific gear you mention, so the following is 'generic' advice on a sequence of things to try;

You state the flash works on camera, so that shows the camera hotshoe, and flash hotshoe, are both functional.
Next check the trigger and receiver are both set to the same channel - there are a set of little 'dip' switches in the battery compartments - they MUST be set the same.
Put the flash on a receiver (make sure the switch is set to flash), and press the test button on the trigger - the flash shoudl fire, and hte indicator lights in the transmitter and receiver should both flash red.
Put the trigger on your camera - the camera should behave as if a flash has been fitted (on my Sony a flash mode indicator lights up to show if I am in Fill flash, etc).
Now try taking a shot - it should all work.

If not, let us know what did work, and we can hopefuly come up with suggestions on what to try next.

Thank you for replying.
All dip switches are in the same place. the receiver was places on the base of the camera and when i press the trigger the receiver responds with a green light but the flash does not go off.

The speedlite also has a built in receiver which also does not seem to work on remote

Just a thought, does the flash have to be in slave mode for it to work with the triggers.

Yongnuo YN560 IV Review - excellent manual speedlite | Speedlite Review

"
Wireless Communication
Radio Wireless (RF) 2.4GHz
Transmitter maximum range approximately: up to 100m
No. of groups: 6 (A, B, C, D, E & F)
No. of channels: 7 channels
Master/Slave: In RX mode this speedlite can act as a slave using radio wireless. The dedicated Yongnuo YN560 TX II Transmitter can be used as an on-camera master. This flash will also support the RF-603 triggers although power output cannot be changed. In TX mode it can also be used as an on-camera master flash to control other YN560 IV or YN560 III Speedlites.

"

tried both slave 1 and 2, still no flash
You need to turn it off slave mode.
Counter intuitive it might seem.

But when a flash is attached to a receiver, the flash isn’t a slave, the receiver is. The flash is taking its signal from the hotshoe, so it needs to think it’s sat on the camera.

problem sorted, there was a nick on the hot shoe, which messed up the connection. good to go. Thanks for your help. i can now complete assignment 4 on the diploma lol lol

You said that you have a receiver on your camera. You need a transmitter on the camera, or a similar speedlite of the same brand set up as a transmitter. Then the channel setting and ID function settings need to match the receivers settings of the off camera flash units. Setting each of the off camera speedlites for different groups (A-E) will let you adjust their power levels, zoom, etc. from the camera transmitter or the flash unit on the camera if it's set up to be a transmitter. Transmitters send commands. Receivers receive them, if the channel and IDs match.

Charley

Back