Need recommendation for sub £350 monitor

Name
Leroy
Edit My Images
Yes
I’ve just revitalised my old Mac mini, new ssd and 16gb ram, it’s now worth using. The monitor I have is a cheap 7 year old one, and when I loaded some images I thought I’d gone back to the 80s I’m used to looking at my MacBook retina and iPad Pro. So I’m After something half decent. Looking for 26 inch and 300 to 350 Mark. I know I’m not going to get Pro results, but I’m only a hobbyist. So what a my options. All help much appreciated.

A lot of people, myself included, use a monitor from the Dell "Ultrasharp" range.

Remember that whatever monitor you use, you need to calibrate it with a "Colormunki" or "Spyder" calibrator.

How about an Apple LED Cinema Display? Old but still very good indeed and far more robust than most other monitors. I recently got a pair of Dell Ultrasharp U2716Ds at work to replace the Cinema Displays and while the image quality is good, the stand is wobbly and the overall build quality doesn’t feel great. One thing I’ve learnt from the Dells is that you don’t need Adobe RGB monitors for photo editing, despite what reviewers will tell you. 100% sRGB and 4K would be a better bet in my opinion

Agree with the posts above and if I might add; 16:10 is more practical than 16:9.

Agree with the posts above and if I might add; 16:10 is more practical than 16:9.

If you want a reasonably priced 16:10 you could do worse than the Dell U2415, very pleased with mine.

Certainly agree with this, the extra height provided in a 16:10 format is very useful.
However, 16:10 monitors seem to be losing support from manufacturers in favour of higher res displays.

Back